Buying Advice Introduction/Advice

/ Introduction/Advice #11  
The Case 440 is much heavier than the newer CUTs. I would be nervous handling round bales with most 30 hp CUTs unless you are doing it on the 3 pt. The weight on the front end when hitting ruts and obstructions can be tough on them. Of course the bigger you go the more they cost.

agreed....add hills to the above scenario on a smaller CUT w/ round bales, and you have liability to say the least.

/ Introduction/Advice
The Case 440 is much heavier than the newer CUTs. I would be nervous handling round bales with most 30 hp CUTs unless you are doing it on the 3 pt. The weight on the front end when hitting ruts and obstructions can be tough on them. Of course the bigger you go the more they cost.

Digging around on tractordata.com shows my 440 at 3125 lbs. There are several CUT's that are listed as heavy, if not heavier. What am I missing?

/ Introduction/Advice #13  
Digging around on tractordata.com shows my 440 at 3125 lbs. There are several CUT's that are listed as heavy, if not heavier. What am I missing?

Not all information passed out on TBN is accurate...as you just found out. That 440 is about the same weight as the old (1998-2004 or 2005) Deere 4xxx series and current 3x20 series and about 800 pounds lighter then the current 4x20 series Deeres.

Speaking of the old 4xxx series Deeres, you might do some research on those...especially the larger frame 4500, 4600 and 4700 (and their replacements...the 4x10 series) which weigh in closer to 4000 lbs.
Going to be tough finding one with a factory cab, but ones with aftermarket cabs, although not too common, were available. Don't expect air conditioning, but heaters are available (at least in the Curtis Cabs).
These machines go between $12K and $20K+.

/ Introduction/Advice
Looking at 2 local tractors, thoughts?

2006 TC30
1000 hours
HST
4x4
Loader
Mower
Back blade
Loaded R4's
$12g

2000 TC45
1200 hours
HST
4x4
QA Bucket
Forks
Box blade
York rake
Ag tires
$11g

/ Introduction/Advice #15  
Looking at 2 local tractors, thoughts?

2006 TC30
1000 hours
HST
4x4
Loader
Mower
Back blade
Loaded R4's
$12g

2000 TC45
1200 hours
HST
4x4
QA Bucket
Forks
Box blade
York rake
Ag tires
$11g

Between the two, I'd go for the TC45

/ Introduction/Advice #16  
There are some dealers selling new Bransons TLB for under 20K in Western PA. Maybe 25ish HP. I am using a Kubota 32 horse gear model to clear some land and with a little patience can accomplish great things

/ Introduction/Advice #17  
Agree - the TC45 for handling those bales plus the attachments