Is $300 to much for mowing 20 acres?

/ Is $300 to much for mowing 20 acres? #101  
I wasn't going to respond to this thread because it was so old, but I just thought it was interesting how people get so excited over threads like this. This is a topic that can't really be answered well on an internet forum because prices vary greatly region to region.

It's surprising to me what some people charge per hour for doing work with a CUT, around here you can hire a D3 or 450 size dozer for $75/hr.

/ Is $300 to much for mowing 20 acres? #102  
I agree on the pricing thing. I think some people prefer a CUT because of past damages cause by the loading/unloading/tree damage/etc cause by larger equipment so they are willing to pay more to keep the big stuff away from theip property an certain types of jobs.

/ Is $300 to much for mowing 20 acres? #103  
I just hired CAT D7 bulldozer for trees removal. The guy cleaned about 30 ac with bunch of solitary trees in about 9 hours for 130/hour. I thought that was very cheap.

I rented a Bobcat to move and spread some topsoil around the house few years back. I thought it would be fun and I would save some money. It was about 30/hour plus delivery and fuel. At the end it cost me almost 1000/day (plus about 300 for a truck of topsoil) and I had to supply 10 hours of my own labor. First I lost time learning how not to "hop", then it was fun until I hit the house causing substantial damage, I returned it cleaner than I got it but they still charged for cleaning and 80 for fuel.
Next time I ordered a truck of topsoil and Bobcat work from the same guy. He delivered the dirt and spread it exactly as my wife wanted (in about one hour without hitting the house) for little less than half of what I paid first time just for the Bobcat rental.