Is Amsoil API certified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Is Amsoil API certified?
frank_miller said:
4-ball is junk, yup but for me I have used API oils and non API (redline etc) and there is not way I a going back. I cannot go against my UOA's on my cars using std full flow oil.
Ok, your right frank. Four ball and all other tests and certifications are junk and all oil but redline and amsoil are cheap and come from the "chinamart" or whatever. Run what ya want. Done arguing.

/ Is Amsoil API certified? #53  
saparks10 said:
Ok, your right frank. Four ball and all other tests and certifications are junk and all oil but redline and amsoil are cheap and come from the "chinamart" or whatever. Run what ya want. Done arguing.

No I agree 4-ball is not a correct measure = junk. Not arguing but I find it comical that people knock something they do not use, nor have used and do not even know the UOA's or products in question.

It is a debate and not arguing at all. Just before you think an API buys something compared to the oils above, show me where they would in terms of performace, wear #, TBN stability, pour points, ash levels etc.

Last edited:
frank_miller said:
No I agree 4-ball is not a correct measure = junk. Not arguing but I find it comical that people knock something they do not use, nor have used and do not even know the UOA's or products in question.

It is a debate and not arguing at all. Just before you think an API buys something compared to the oils above, show me where they would in terms of performace, wear #, TBN stability, pour points, ask levels etc.

Frank, a debate is the same as an arguement. Its just more broad and positional. You prefer to use your self tested products, others prefer to use products tested and certified by API and other organizations that specialize in testing. Neither is wrong. Just because someone prefers to do their own experimenting doesn't mean that the API certification is worthless. It's useful to the majority of people who use API certified oil. Since it is seen as such a widely accepted certification, and required by some, it only makes since that oils that claim to meet or exceed the standards should prove it by becoming API certified, they should want to. Its not going to make their oil any different or hurt them in any way. It would only help their numbers in terms of customers and profits. If you have tested the products and trust them then keep using them. The only point that was being made is that most people dont feel comfortable gambling with the uncertain, because thats what it is, uncertain. Most feel their equipment is to precious to take chances with it. If it hasn't been tested and given the OK for your equipment, then you are the one who has to test it and hope for good results. That is a fact.

/ Is Amsoil API certified? #56  
Redline/Amsoil are NOT self tested. Look at the history and the people using them based on UOA's. They know the products more then the people pushing API approved oils.

The point here that you keep missing is no one is "experimenting " here. The products work and they are not API approved which is a good thing; if you know about base stocks, adds etc.

Lastly, for me I go by UOA's where clearly show in my engines that using a group 4/5 does get way better results; that is a fact. If again you think a $9 per qt of Redline is lesser in quality then a $1.49 API oil, again do some reading here.

frank_miller said:
Redline/Amsoil are NOT self tested. Look at the history and the people using them based on UOA's. They know the products more then the people pushing API approved oils.

The point here that you keep missing is no one is "experimenting " here. The products work and they are not API approved which is a good thing; if you know about base stocks, adds etc.

Lastly, for me I go by UOA's where clearly show in my engines that using a group 4/5 does get way better results; that is a fact. If again you think a $9 per qt of Redline is lesser in quality then a $1.49 API oil, again do some reading here.
Frank, just let it go. I just said that there is nothing wrong with what you and others do. There's nothing wrong. You are being so defensive that you have over looked the point of the statment, some like API some don't, it's just not worthless. I just said if you feel the products are working then keep using them. I am not trying to persuade you to use any other kind of oil or attack your views. In addition, not all API certified oils are $1.49 a quart and come from china. I know a little about basestocks, lubrication is my job.

/ Is Amsoil API certified? #58  
I have let it go and I take the underdogs side. Agreed not all oil comes from China but I am comparing your beloved $1.40 per qt (API approved from Chinamart) oil to non API approved oil (Redline at 3X the price) that has a great histoy and proved to be better.

Also correct not all API approved oils are $1.49 but you want API approved oil, go to Chinamart and there they are. Problem is this API oil is only worth the price you pay. But it has your API cert on the bottle! LOL

I will let it go and next time bring some baseline UOA's to support your posts; aka use the oils for lets say 10K miles and show that some API approved is better then non API approved in a daily driver (car) using FF filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.