Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F)

/ Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F)
Going to check the seal on intake side again tomorrow.
And by the way now that i think about it., there is a small leak from the FEl hydraulic central. Is it possible that thats causing air to get mixed in the oil?. Would explain why it works for about 1 hour before it starts shuddering.

/ Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F) #13  
Thought maybe the filter was clogged so I drained the oil and took out the filter wich looked fine. Filled it back up and it was working for about one hour before it started shuddering/shaking again.
How much oil did you have to drain to remove and check the filter?

/ Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F) #15  
Basically all of it.
I have not changed mine, but isn't this it? If so, it is fairly high up and I would think not much fluid would need to be drained. My tractor is a Bolens G154 (Iseki TX2140) if there is a difference.
IMG_1601.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F) #16  
I have not changed mine, but isn't this it? If so, it is fairly high up and I would think not much fluid would need to be drained. My tractor is a Bolens G154 (Iseki TX2140) if there is a difference.
View attachment 819833
Thats not it, thats the high pressure side, suppling your 3 point linkage, check out the end of the larger diameter pipe, approx 20-25mm OD, below the leaver for either high and low or 4 wheel drive in your photo attached forwards and down.

Last edited:
   / Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F) #17  
Thats not it, thats the high pressure side, suppling your 3 point linkage, check out the end of the larger diameter pipe, approx 20-25mm OD, below the leaver for either high and low or 4 wheel drive in your photo attached forwards and down.
I see my confusion now. The manual shows two filters. Both 18 and 27 as filters. 18 being the upper one and 27 the lower one. Are there both?
Bolens Hyd1.jpg
Bolens Hyd2.jpg

/ Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F) #18  
I see my confusion now. The manual shows two filters. Both 18 and 27 as filters. 18 being the upper one and 27 the lower one. Are there both?
View attachment 819927 View attachment 819928
Your one is the lower on that page, filter 18 or 18a, I am going to guess possibly the other is for the hydrostatic tractor, my parts list covers both types of tractor, mine is iseki 2140,2160 plus hydrostatic,

/ Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F) #19  
Mine is gear but it appears to have a canister where filter 27 would fit into. I changed my fluid but did not check that, now I wish I had. My 3 point is fast so I don't think I have an issue, but it would be nice to know it is in good condition. I do not have a loader.

/ Is my hydraulic pump dead? (Tx1300F) #20  
27 is what is on a 3 cylinder model. 18 is what is used on a 2 cylinder model. I haven't seen a parts book that covers both 2 & 3 cylinder models.