Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward?

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward?
LOL, talk about timing, I just saw a commercial on TV for the MoJack, with them saying get them at Sears, Home Depot, and TSC.

That's my usual luck.:eek::laughing: Home Depot is the same $229.99 as Amazon and TSC is $199.99.:laughing:

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #32  
Bird, I have been looking at buying that same jack. I would like to know if it is worth it. After you use it how about a report on it. It looks like an ideal jack for working on your mower as everything else is alway in the way or can't get it high enough.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #33  
Bird, I have been looking at buying that same jack. I would like to know if it is worth it. After you use it how about a report on it. It looks like an ideal jack for working on your mower as everything else is alway in the way or can't get it high enough.

jim - if you have a FEL you don't need a jack...All I do is put a chain on the front of my Murray Lawn Tractor and the other end on the FEL and raise it up, almost vertical...I then can easily service the blades etc...just takes a few minutes.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #34  
Having the worst luck with sears parts...

Keep a couple of mowers I bought from them and no service parts are available anymore except for blade, spark plug and filter...

Same for my Craftsman Saw...

I really do miss the catalog and still kept the last one they sent me...

It was a wealth of information when I was designing homes and remodeling... everything from the size and weight of appliances to mattresses... still use it occasionally for the info.

I never trusted either the old metal or the plastic ramps they sell for cars. So I made my own ramps twice by buying two 10' 2 x 10s. I cut it into 3', 2.5', 2', 1.5' and 1' pieces, cut a 45 degree angle on one end of each, then with the 3' one on bottom, used screws to attach the 2.5" one, and continued stacking and attaching with screws. Then I mounted a handle on the side of each one. They were heavy, but were not going to collapse or turn over with the car, truck, or motorhome. There were times that I used those ramps for a riding mower, but as you said, they were both in the way and didn't raise the mower high enough.

Of course I've seen a lawnmower at Sears on the MoJack and 2' of height with nothing in the way on either side looks great for cleaning the bottom of the deck and removing/replacing the blade(s).

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #36  
Brin, I was in the surplus store one day and saw brand new surplus metal housing 2 hp skil type saws for $39.00 each, i bought two and still have one in the box.They don't wear out. I loved to buy the Surplus replacement socket sets, that were shipped in cardboard boxes at 1/10 the reg price. Most of my tools are Craftsman..usually they upgrade me if a ratchet wears out..as in quick release and a swivel head, because mine are no longer stocked..

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #37  
Bird if i cannot get my JD mower up on the car ramps, then I hook a come-along into the front frame and rare--it up..It would be nice to have a special jack, so enjoy..

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #38  
Bird if i cannot get my JD mower up on the car ramps, then I hook a come-along into the front frame and rare--it up..It would be nice to have a special jack, so enjoy..

Do you drain the gasoline and engine oil before "rare--it up.."

Do you drain the gasoline and engine oil before "rare--it up.."

No, but I'll only raise the front end 2 feet. If I were going completely vertical with the machine, I'd drain the fluids.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #40  
Here's an example why Sears is toast. Cost of Mojack EZ. We report you decide.

Amazon:
Price = $219.99
Shipping = $0
Tax = $0
Total $219.99
Delivery date = April 11

Sears:
Price $363.62
Shipping = $56.95
Tax = $29.44
Total = $450.01
Delivery date = April 25