Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward?

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #41  
No, but I'll only raise the front end 2 feet. If I were going completely vertical with the machine, I'd drain the fluids.

Brin was talking about raising almost vertical.
Your still having to crawl underneath with the front wheels only 2 feet off the ground. Are you removing the blades or just grinding them in place? I have the same problem getting back up as you explained, without using my arms to help pull or push.
The little Deere my wife uses has a 48" belly mower under it, and I hate to do it, but pulling 4 pins, tying the lift arms out of the way, and sliding the entire mower assembly out sideways is becomming the least stressful on my old joints.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward?
Brin was talking about raising almost vertical.
Your still having to crawl underneath with the front wheels only 2 feet off the ground. Are you removing the blades or just grinding them in place? I have the same problem getting back up as you explained, without using my arms to help pull or push.
The little Deere my wife uses has a 48" belly mower under it, and I hate to do it, but pulling 4 pins, tying the lift arms out of the way, and sliding the entire mower assembly out sideways is becomming the least stressful on my old joints.

I've got a half inch impact wrench and I can remove the blade pretty easily with the front end raised 2', but yes, I have to lie down to do it. And I used to have a riding mower (lawn tractor) and I'd slide the mower out sideways with it.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #43  
I raise my Craftsman ZTS mower vertical with the FEL to clean and remove the blades. Dont drain anything and havent had any leaks. I lay it back down and let it set for a while prior to starting it, but never had a problem doing that in 2 years.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #44  
Do you drain the gasoline and engine oil before "rare--it up.."

Okay, Pull up with the cable. It has a hole in the front for this. The JD book showed an optional rearstand bumper. It looks like the toro, JD S92 is number, in that you sit on the seat over the motor? The gas tank is usually down enough not to leak..The motor oil settles okay, as I hardly ever try to crank it right away..I haven't noticed much smoke when cranking and haven;'t had a hydrolock yet?Hope that answers the ?, it is easy to drop the deck down if it is raised 2 feet off the ground in the front. I just broke the 100 inch belt last week, and noticed I have another deck bearing out? I wonder if I will be able to find something not made in china this time? these only seemed to last a couple of years?

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #45  
My local store will price match about any item they sell that you can find at another vender. The only stipulation is the vender has to have an actual store where foot traffic can shop in.

Meaning they are not just a broker sitting at a desk with a computer terminal they sell out of warehouses and drop ship to you which is mainly what internet sales are.

I always ask anyway and a lot of times I still buy at Sears just because they have what I need on Saturday etc even if they cant match something.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #46  
Okay, Pull up with the cable. It has a hole in the front for this. The JD book showed an optional rearstand bumper. It looks like the toro, JD S92 is number, in that you sit on the seat over the motor? The gas tank is usually down enough not to leak..The motor oil settles okay, as I hardly ever try to crank it right away..I haven't noticed much smoke when cranking and haven;'t had a hydrolock yet?Hope that answers the ?, it is easy to drop the deck down if it is raised 2 feet off the ground in the front. I just broke the 100 inch belt last week, and noticed I have another deck bearing out? I wonder if I will be able to find something not made in china this time? these only seemed to last a couple of years?

The Deere my wife uses is a L-120 with a 48" twin blade belly mower. Front twin v briggs engine and large fuel tank under the seat. Wouldn't want to tip it very high w/o draining. I've made enough messes over the years already. Got it new a few years ago from a John Deere tractor dealer. We have put about 600 hours on it now but the only complaint is the front wheels have bushings rather than bearings.
Last year we had to replace the shaft and the bushings on one and just the bushings on the other.
The parts guy said I bet it's the one on the right side as your sitting on the seat. Wonder how he knew? The mower discharge is on the right so folks steer a hard left to go around trees and flower beds. More rotations on the right wheel and side stress.
I asked about a bearing instead of a bushing, but at that time none available in his book. I see bearings are available now. I tried all kinds of tricks to drive the old bushings out but since the tire gives a bounce to each hit I wasn't having any luck, until I hooked up my air chisel and did a couple blurps onto a short piece of rod stuck into the hub behind the bushings. They slipped out like a wet noodle then.
No spindle bearing problems yet, but no grease fitting on them either, so probably will be forthcoming.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #47  
Going the way of Ward? I hope so, they need to.

I'm done with them. We bought $9,000 worth of kitchen appliances thinking we were buying Sears high end and would be treated fairly well.

Worst purchase decision we ever made. The refridgerator has a light in the ice dipenser. It went out. Called Sears service. They cannot even find a diagram of this unit that shows the light exists (the product brochure does) and they have refused to try to help any further. It's a Kenmore and I was polite.

Kenmore double oven had a flaw in the liner of the lower unit. Called Sears service. They sent a replacement. Damaged. Called again. Damaged again. This went on until I had 11 damaged replacement liners stacked in the barn. Could NOT get to anyone beyond the cretins manning the phones. Finally got ahold of someone at the local store (not easy). They replaced the whole double overn untit ($4000 retail). And sent a flatbed truck to haul away the 11 liners which are not small, and original oven. Ridiculous.

/ Is Sears Going The Way of Montgomery Ward? #48  
Bird, how do you get away from sales tax on amazon ? whenever I buy anything from amazon they charge me tax..maybe cause Im from new york??

Bird, how do you get away from sales tax on amazon ? whenever I buy anything from amazon they charge me tax..maybe cause Im from new york??

I can't claim to know all the sales tax laws, but basically, I guess if they have a physical presence in the state, they have to collect sales tax. Amazon looked at it as only being if they had a retail store open to the public, as I understand it (and I may or may not be right). Anyway, Amazon had a warehouse in Texas and the Texas Attorney General was after them for sales tax. Amazon was fighting it and said they'd close the Texas facility. I don't know all the details.

Apparently, the MoJack lifts are becoming popular, or at least the retailers expect them to become popular. Until a month or so ago, I'd never seen or heard of such a thing. And now in the last couple of days, I've seen them at Sears, Home Depot, Lowe's, and Tractor Supply. All were priced at $229.99, except Lowe's sign left off the $0.99 and Tractor Supply's website shows $199.99 online or in the store, even though the one at the store has a $229.99 tag on it (the website does say $20 shipping charge). And now Amazon has come down $10. I called and the lady at Amazon said she'd set up a promotional $10 discount for the next thing I buy from them.