Is there a reason for shoes on a snowblade or is this just a prefference?

/ Is there a reason for shoes on a snowblade or is this just a prefference?
I know a planer blade would be ideal...so someone wore out that blade and you rescued it?....you say more than 20 years ago....I turn 70 in March of next year....so I think this little blade should maybe out live me...I'm more or less keepin' this tractor to plough my own driveway this coming winter......

seems if I try over do it I tend to get dizzy plus light headed....so I guess it's best to let the machine do the work...we have a 2x 4 size yard in the back and I got to take my time and not over do it when cutting the grass....

My doctor told me I passed all my stress tests.... except my blood pressure was a bit too high for which I now take pills for the rest of my life.....I guess this all goes along with growin' old....anyhow all them years.. thats still a great lookin' plough...I like how tall it is...

I gather it don't take too much time to plough your driveway with that big one....mine is not gonna' be used for how fast it can do it..... just get her done and back inside.... and take it easy and try to live a little longer.....thanks for all the info and your patience.... I don't know know but I have a gut feelin' we be in and around the same age..could I be right?....take care Ampa <>

/ Is there a reason for shoes on a snowblade or is this just a prefference? #22  
This comment by rjmack "one thing to watch for though, if it snows (and it does) before the ground is fully frozen, then you will be plowing up sand and gravel too." reminded me of an interesting suggestion by a poster last winter.
He said that for the first snow he is careful not to drive or walk on it until it melts (usually the next day). the melt will soak into his gravel and that night the freeze will cement it. thereafter he has a hard surface under the snow.
What do you think?

/ Is there a reason for shoes on a snowblade or is this just a prefference? #23  
I don't know know but I have a gut feelin' we be in and around the same age..could I be right?

i'm 51, but i got a lot of miles.:D

oddly enough, i moved to a place that doesn't get much snow a few years ago and i hardly use it now.

thereafter he has a hard surface under the snow.
What do you think?

i think he's right, thou around here it's a bit more gradual process.:)