Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine?

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #21  
I've concluded Prevention mitigation methods work the best. I've tried sonic repellers, scent repellant, bait, but the most effective is taking the time sometimes requiring disassembly of things and use a combination of pest block foam and pieces finer galvanized wire, steel wool in any area I feel these b-tards can gain access. I frequently clean out of the way areas where something edible may lodge itself in and I still use baits and glue traps, occasionally snap traps in out of the way accessible areas so I can check them. I'd rather spend the time and money on preventing damage from these critters I refer to as Satan's spawn than fixing damage from them.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #22  
This is what happened when I tried more humane methods on these things. That was a pretty decent older snowmobile previously. Now I'm a murderous pro active diy exterminator that unfortunately hates there predators snakes as much as I dislike satans spawn.

Attachments

• KIMG2399.JPG
    KIMG2399.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • KIMG2398.JPG
    KIMG2398.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • KIMG2396.JPG
    KIMG2396.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • KIMG2394.JPG
    KIMG2394.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • KIMG2393.JPG
    KIMG2393.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
   / Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #23  
I have two elderly dogs right now and when they finally leave I have decided to get a few outdoor cats. We've had a few show up but the dogs always chase them off. I've never been pro outside cats because I enjoy the variety of songbirds we have but I've had enough of the rodents. Eventually I may get another dog after the cats establish themselves.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #24  
I have one outside cat and a few other visiting cats that must be keeping the rodent population down. I have an automatic cat feeder that keeps my cat from starving but feeds just enough that it's still hungry to hunt. A fat cat is a lazy cat. I have no dogs.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #25  
Where are you parking the tractor?

Keep it away from rodent food and lodging.

So, no animal feed or hay nearby.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #26  
Hauled some old large square bales even though they were hay I used them instead of straw, cuz im cheap and they were free not to mention I was happy to grow anything on that hillside used it for new seed cover after grading, it was a steep hillside. Anyways they had mice in them. the b-tards made a nest in the fresh air intake of the HVAC system of my beloved Duramax It was less than a year old at the time. Truck wasn't blowing the AC like it used to so I put it on recirculate unbeknownst to me that provided a direct access into the cab through the vents from the cabin air filter. So began my hatred of rodents as my once humane mitigation means got more and more violent and primal. Moral of my rant is if you have rodents in your truck or tractor cab check the cabin air filter and possibly block it off somewhat with galvanized mesh or something. Per a GM mechanic the probable initial entry point was the side of the plastic grating on corner of windshield. The struggle continues lol.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #27  
WRT eliminating food sources: depending on what we have bush hogged recently, that swarf on the bush hog's deck might be a buffet table.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #28  
are dryer sheets flammable? i hesitate to put them close to exhaust manifold

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #29  
.410 shotgun

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #30  
Buy a CAT-erpiller tractor. Turn in the bear Cub.