Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine?

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #31  
That is twice this year that they have chewed up my radiator belt. I TRY to remember to check the engine regularly, but life gets busy and I always seem to forget.

And so now I need to order a new radiator belt
What is a radiator belt?

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #32  
Cats. Give one or two just enough food not to leave.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #33  
I do the oosik open hood thing and it works. One of the best tips ever.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #34  
For those is Texas, my wife found a place called Texas Barn Cats. They relocate Feral cats. Have a whole acclimation system to make sure they don't just run away. If you need a barn cat, give them a shout.

Other states...maybe see if someone has a similar operation near you.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #35  
For those is Texas, my wife found a place called Texas Barn Cats. They relocate Feral cats. Have a whole acclimation system to make sure they don't just run away. If you need a barn cat, give them a shout.

Other states...maybe see if someone has a similar operation near you.
Texas Barn Cats

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #36  
Cats are the best answer.
My two are well fed. They rarely eat what they kill. It seems they kill for the pleasure of it. They are very sadistic when they catch something usually letting it run between them as they take turns torturing it to death.
No rodent problems since they came here.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #37  
IMG_6828.JPG

This mornings sacrifice left at the basement door altar.
They always leave their kills there for me to find.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #38  
Bitter DOG works. Stuff to keep dogs from eating things. There are many brands. Mice don't like it. Its pretty nasty stuff, so be careful with it.

Last edited:
   / Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #39  
We had big mouse, squirrel, rat, and mole problems before we brought the Rodent Rangers in from the local Mission Paws association. They spay, vaccine, and chip all the kitties so you don't end up with sickly cats or unwanted litters. Been 4 yrs rat free - very cool and beneficial saving wild cats.

/ Is there a way to keep rats from nesting in my engine? #40  
We had big mouse, squirrel, rat, and mole problems before we brought the Rodent Rangers in from the local Mission Paws association. They spay, vaccine, and chip all the kitties so you don't end up with sickly cats or unwanted litters. Been 4 yrs rat free - very cool and beneficial saving wild cats.

My two are rescues also. Have a couple of stray Toms come around occasionally. Mine arent too receptive of them or any other cats.