3-Point Hitch Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor?

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #11  
Good luck with your surgery. Had it done 14 years ago. Please do yourself a favor and don't sit the first 4 weeks, not even for eating. Either walk, stand or lie.
Might not be easy.
Good advise from previous posters on hook ups.

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #12  
Good luck with your surgery. I use salvaged seat belts instead of bungies so that they adjust and remove very easy and also don't stretch out. Belts then go back on during storage (outside) to keep the end out of the dirt.

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #13  
There are some things to try when hooking it manually, like lubrication and leaving the PTO in neutral. Not that Id advocate removing guards for safety reasons, but some times they are more of a hindrance and "modifying" them can make hookup easier.

Theres the Deere auto hitch

There is also a manufacturer out of europe (Gangl Docking Systems) making semi and full auto hitches, including the option to hook up any auxiliary hyd lines fully automatic. No idea of cost or availability in NA (im sure it will be $$$), but if you look at it as an investment that will allow for you to keep using your tractor, it might be worth checking into it

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #14  
Good luck with your surgery. Had it done 14 years ago. Please do yourself a favor and don't sit the first 4 weeks, not even for eating. Either walk, stand or lie.
Might not be easy.
Good advise from previous posters on hook ups.

Yep, walked myself to death those first 4 weeks, then i got to drive again.

Ronnie

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #15  
I think your Bobcat is the same as my CK20. I ALWAYS kill the engine when attaching the PTO. I engage it where the shaft doesn't move and usually have no trouble. Also use plenty of grease.

RSKY

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #16  
Grease seems to hurt as much as it helps as it collects to much dirt and grime. I have switched to fluid film in the spray can for my PTO splines and it seems to work much better.

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #17  
Grease seems to hurt as much as it helps as it collects to much dirt and grime. I have switched to fluid film in the spray can for my PTO splines and it seems to work much better.

I will back you up on that one!:thumbsup:

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #18  

Thirded (it is SO a word!) Although I use a lanolin based spray... must be due to all of the sheep we have here in Aus.

The other thing you need when connecting the shaft is a good collection of cursing/swear words! [Note: try to warn the neighbours to keep their wee ones indoors until you've finished]

/ Is there an easy way to connect power takeoff to tractor? #19  
+1(s) on using a rope to support the shaft at level, and keeping them telescoping well. If both sides are a quick connect style, I'll hook up the tractor side first, since thats the harder to get at.
If you can tie a clove hitch--you can tie the midshipmans hitch (it's an extra wind to the inside, though I find the extra wind done outside the loop ties, slides and grips slightly better.) Slide the barrel of the knot to the desired height and a dogleg forms to hold when pressure is applied. Works like the prussik knots.
Also great for tensioning lines, tying a tow rope for quick release, holding things at varying levels, and being an extra set of hands. Best knot ever.