Buying Advice Is this tractor, the right tractor for the tasks at hand?

/ Is this tractor, the right tractor for the tasks at hand?
The update: I have been informed, concerning the Ford 345c, "The tractor has been impeccably maintained." There is a person close to the situation that knows, "heavy equipment, mechanical and hydraulic repair." Which is all good stuff & I was thankful to hear. The fundraiser is half way to the $8500 goal.

If there are any tractor dealers out there interested in helping out with a 'newer' compact utility tractor (SCUT would be to small) with a warranty, please message me! There may be an opportunity to be the 'Official Tractor Sponsor'. The location is Southeast, Michigan. Hoping for a successful fundraiser.
Time is of the essence.

Thank you to everyone who have contributed to the thread so far.

Last edited:
   / Is this tractor, the right tractor for the tasks at hand? #32  
You said mud and snow, which means you really don't want 2 wheel drive. I have two tractors, one 80hp 2 wheel drive and a 35hp 4 wheel drive. You never even think about taking the 2 wheel drive out in the mud. Guaranteed to get stuck every time, but the little one goes through everything. The only time it gets stuck is when I'm bush hogging with it and I get into the worse, most nasty much out there and the bush hog stops it from hitting bottom, so my wheels just spin.

While I don't agree with the others about needing an experienced operator, I do worry about the life of the clutch with some people. Too many ride the clutch, or pop it out and put a lot of strain on the drive line. For a tractor that will have multiple operators, I would avoid the clutch.

I think all of us started out with out tractors without any sort of training. They are pretty easy to figure out with a super easy learning curve. If somebody isn't afraid to give it a try, they will be fine in a hour or two. Honestly, are there any pros on here? or are we all amateurs who do the best we can with what we have?

/ Is this tractor, the right tractor for the tasks at hand? #33  
Every time thiat I browse this thread my antivirus warns a threat has been detected and some kind of hijack warning pops up. Sorry to get off track but is anybody else getting the same warning?

rimshot

Every time thiat I browse this thread my antivirus warns a threat has been detected and some kind of hijack warning pops up. Sorry to get off track but is anybody else getting the same warning?

Hmm....... no issues showing from my end. Comcast/Norton antivirus.

/ Is this tractor, the right tractor for the tasks at hand? #35  
I'm not getting anything like that on Charter with Webroot and F-Secure.

/ Is this tractor, the right tractor for the tasks at hand? #36  
Nothing on my end, and my browser so picky it doesn't like youtube right now (going to have to fix that).

To the OP, don't rush into this. Everyone is telling you to slow down and putting up warnings, but there doesn't seem to be much reception of these suggestions by your group.

On a dealer, there is a decent sized Kubota dealer in Jackson, they were very helpful in my tractor search, Seyberts I think the name is. Also, there is Michigan Iron and Equipment, big Kioti dealer, little north, but good reputation. Those are the ones I know of,

To the OP, don't rush into this. Everyone is telling you to slow down and putting up warnings, but there doesn't seem to be much reception of these suggestions by your group.

I'm with you, believe me, I am with you! I don't have an inside line, if you will. I new nothing about the Ford 345c until the fundraiser page was posted. I had my own reservations which is why I came to my go to source, TBN. The tractor need has been there for long while and everyone is desperate to help.

Since, I am a Kioti owner, I contacted Kioti about partnering with the organization. I thought it would be great exposure for the brand, however no luck from Kioti Corp in North Carolina. I have a near by Kioti Dealer sympathetic to the need, however, he sure could use Kioti Corp to come on board to help make it all happen. Kioti Corp. refers you back to the local dealer. As I've told everyone along the line, this is a big ticket item and it will take a village to make it all work.

..............meanwhile the fundraiser is upto $5250.

Last edited:
The update: My last communication to Kioti corp. in NC was early in May 2015. I sent off an 'update' email late today to Kioti corp. to bring them up to speed and renewed the invitation to partner with the local Kioti dealer to benefit the rescue.

.............meanwhile the fundraiser is upto $5725.