ISO 6' Rotary Cutter

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter
County Line is out. Thanks for all the opinions.

Talked with Everything Attachments today and was told that I really should consider a 7' RC to cover the tire tracks. Figure they wold know best but many on TBN have said the 7' is sort of an odd ball size. I think it might be a problem to store in a shipping container too. Here is the specs on my tractor. What do you think?

Weight: 3,440 lbs [1560 kg] (DT)
3,860 lbs [1750 kg] (HSTC)
Wheelbase: 74.6 inches [189 cm]
Length: 121.3 inches [308 cm]
Width: 66.5 inches [168 cm]
Height: 91.1 inches [231 cm]
87 inches [220 cm] (cab)
Ground clearance: 14.8 inches [37 cm]
4WD turn radius: 9.5 feet [2.9 m]

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter #12  
6' would cover your tire tracks if the width is really 66.5". You should measure the rear tire width on your machine as rear wheels can be set in different positions.

If it's close to 6' keep in mind that you can offset the implement a few inches on the 3pt to make it line up with one side or the other. I use a 5' on my Branson that's about 68" wide. I can get it to just cover the tire tracks on the right.

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter #13  
6' would cover your tire tracks if the width is really 66.5". You should measure the rear tire width on your machine as rear wheels can be set in different positions.

If it's close to 6' keep in mind that you can offset the implement a few inches on the 3pt to make it line up with one side or the other. I use a 5' on my Branson that's about 68" wide. I can get it to just cover the tire tracks on the right.

That is good thinking. Having the mower flush with one side makes mowing near things much easier.

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter
I have narrowed it down to the Land Pride RCR172 and the Everything Attachments 72". Leaning toward the Land Pride as the dealer will put it on my tractor, which is being serviced now, and deliver both next week.

The EA cutter will take 5 weeks to build then another couple days for shipping. Problem is I don't have a way to pick it up. If I have it delivered I still have to get it off the trailer which I'm sure I could figure out from TBN or Youtube.

Would really like to support E.A. since it is American Made and they support TBN but just don't know if it is worth the wait. Prices are about the same. Would you wait and go with the E.A. cutter?

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter #15  
How soon do you need to mow? I couldn稚 wait 5 weeks now. I would have a mess on my hands if I did.

Delivery you can ask for lift gate service. They then leave the implement on the ground at your place. Of course you pay extra for that.

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter #16  
How soon do you need to mow? I couldn稚 wait 5 weeks now. I would have a mess on my hands if I did.

Delivery you can ask for lift gate service. They then leave the implement on the ground at your place. Of course you pay extra for that.

Yeah, the timeline might be a problem for you, but don't worry about delivery, I ordered 4 implements from them at once and they just all appeared on my lawn, scattered around on pallets. The driver had a lift on his truck and brought them down to ground level for me. So that part, you're all set, no worries there.

I have the EA 72, it's a good machine. I'm also looking at an even heavier duty cutter because I have some nasty brush to mow, but the EA72 has held up to everything I've thrown at it to date. The only problem I have, honestly, is that the metal that makes up the deck (more specifically, the sides) isn't thick enough for me and it bends if I back down trees with it. The big difference on the cutter I'm looking at now, it has a push bar in the back and an open blade so that it won't get damaged backing over medium sized trees. But those cutters are special duty machines, my EA will be used 10X as much as my tree cutter will and it's been more than up to task for everything it's actually designed to do.

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter

Think that adds about $236 to the cost of the cutter. Makes the EA machine more than the Landpride. The EA is heavier by about 90 pounds but is it "heavier duty"? Don't know.

Yeah, the timeline might be a problem for you, but don't worry about delivery, I ordered 4 implements from them at once and they just all appeared on my lawn, scattered around on pallets. The driver had a lift on his truck and brought them down to ground level for me. So that part, you're all set, no worries there.

I have the EA 72, it's a good machine. I'm also looking at an even heavier duty cutter because I have some nasty brush to mow, but the EA72 has held up to everything I've thrown at it to date. The only problem I have, honestly, is that the metal that makes up the deck (more specifically, the sides) isn't thick enough for me and it bends if I back down trees with it. The big difference on the cutter I'm looking at now, it has a push bar in the back and an open blade so that it won't get damaged backing over medium sized trees. But those cutters are special duty machines, my EA will be used 10X as much as my tree cutter will and it's been more than up to task for everything it's actually designed to do.
Is the EA72 a light duty or medium duty cutter?

Thanks to all for the information.

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter #18  
You can chain the cutter to your loader bucket to get it off the trailer. Or have them put it on with the pins at the back, then slide it to the end of the trailer and hook it up to the 3pt. (keep the trailer hooked to the truck if you do that).

The cutters you're looking at appear to use steel strap for the tail wheel bracket. Some people have bent strap type wheel brackets by backing into stuff. I got a cutter with a large tubular wheel bracket.

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter
The cutters you're looking at appear to use steel strap for the tail wheel bracket. Some people have bent strap type wheel brackets by backing into stuff. I got a cutter with a large tubular wheel bracket.
Which cutter was that?

/ ISO 6' Rotary Cutter #20  
Find out which freight line hauls for them and then find out where their nearest terminal is. Should be able to pick it up there. Never needed to but have had it offered a couple of times.