It looks like I may have been test driving the wrong vehicles

/ It looks like I may have been test driving the wrong vehicles #31  
There is a reason that Ford got rid of the 6.4 so soon. I have two friends one has the 6.4 and the other has a 2011 with the new diesel. The fuel mileage difference is incredible if you can believe them and I think I can. The 6.4 gets around 15-16mpg on the freeway. The 2011 is getting 21mpg. They both claim you can pull anything. It all comes down to cost but again, there is a reason they did away with the 6.4 after one year. It could be that the 6.0 really was trash and they just put the 6.4 out there until the new diesel was ready.

Hmm, 2007, 2008, 2009 = 3 years.

The reason Ford went with the 6.7L is it was already an engine thry had in a smaller version in the EU with a good track record and they did not want to pay development costs to someone else (Navistar) for the 2010 EPA engines. From Ford's perspective, it was smart to bring the whole vehicle in-house, as they do with almost every vehicle they offer.

You can't compare economy between the 6.4L and 6.7L unless they are spec'd essentially the same and doing the same job. Well, you can't get the 6.7L trans with a 6.4L so that's shot. Yes, there is a noticable difference in economy under light to moderate loads, but when being worked hard, the difference evaporates.

/ It looks like I may have been test driving the wrong vehicles #32  
LT -

I've followed your vehicle search for some time now, congrats on finding the right truck for you.

And a good looking truck it is!