Dealer Items Missed During Delivery

/ Items Missed During Delivery #1  

Yanmar CC

Tractor
Kubota B2601 & a for sale JD 265 mower
Howdy all. I just took delivery of my mid-life crisis vehicle. It's a B2601 with pretty much everything I wanted. MSL loader, top-n-tilt kit, Rimguard, third function, quick hitch along with attachments: forks, 4-in-1 bucket, snow blade, box blade, HD25 auger, and power rake.

First, I asked but didn't press the issue before delivery about the fact that I have two rear remotes, and when using the power rake, will not have an available third circuit to operate it as the two remotes are connected to the top-n-tilt cylinders. When it was delivered, the power rake was mounted and connected and the top cylinder was left disconnected. Not impressed with this, but fine, I will deal with sorting a multiplier / diverter valve.

The bigger issue for me is the things that were missed at delivery.
1) They forgot the tire ballast,
2) they forgot the 24" auger, and delivered a 9" auger instead of a 12" that is in my contract,
3) they installed the third function quick connects on the loader in such a way that it blocked the operation of the swift tach kickstand release,
4) they didn't provide a copy of the loader manual so I was left to figure that out, youtube videos didn't help as they assume everything is setup correctly.
5) they did not adjust the kickstands for the swift tach kickstands to function correctly, the kickstands (at full bucket dump) were not raised enough to allow the release to release...hard to explain, but because the kickstands hung about 1.5" low, the release could not function as intended, and
6) the loader was greased, mostly. They left three pin locations dry, two in the MSL linkage, and the rod end of one boom cylinder.

Any one of those items I think is understandable, even two. But this many misses on one deal seems like a problem. Am I out of line here with my expectation, or is this something that I should be frustrated with?

Note that the tractor was taken back to the dealership once already. They addressed the missing tire ballast and the improperly mounted third function quick connects, but failed to address that the swift tach mechanism did not function properly. I figured out the adjustment needed and saved them a trip coming back, but I am kind of feeling like after spending a ton of money on this, including $3,600 for installation fees, that I should be delivered a turn key solution.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #2  
There's always something missed. Don't forget to check the hydraulic / transmission fluid level, as well as the front axle oil level. Since they missed some grease points, I would go over the whole machine.
The only item that may be on you is the number of remotes. If you didn't specify enough to run the top / tilt and the rake they may have assumed that you would disconnect as necessary to operate the rake. That said, I am not familiar with the power rake, and what it requires.
I ordered 2 remotes and front 3rd function on my current tractor, and wish I had gotten 3 rear remotes. With the hydraulic toplink in use I can't operate the chute and deflector on my snowblower. I remove the hydraulic toplink and use the manual one when blowing snow, but it's a little inconvenient. Perhaps a multiplier (even a manual one) would be worthwhile.

Anyway, congrats on the new machine... Post some pictures!

/ Items Missed During Delivery
After that, I had the same thought and went around and checked all other fluid levels, grease points. I'll have to post some pics once I figure out how to not have them come through upside down. Attaching one to check...
tempImageglEce0.png
tempImageglEce0.png

Yep. It posts upside down...probably my apple stuff.🤷‍♂️

Fluid levels were all good, and I have taken care of their other mistakes. All good, just waiting on my BroTek spacers to arrive.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #7  
It really ticks me off when you pay for a PDI or accessories and all you get is a lighter pocket.
When I was working we had a new tandem truck come in that had been PDI'd...not.
The rear/rear diff was only 1/2 to 2/3 full but worse than that was one of the brake chambers was still caged with the caging bolt still in it and the brake camber bent hard against the back of the brake drum. Really makes you wonder what you paid for.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #8  
Looks like a clam shell bucket. Had one of those once, they can be pretty handy.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #9  
Sorry for your situation, but you really should say something, and ask for a portion of the installation charge to be refunded. You should also check torque on the wheels, loader attach points.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #10