Dealer Items Missed During Delivery

/ Items Missed During Delivery
Good point on the fastener torques. I will definitely go over those again. Nice that Kubota has an app that I can get the manual for the loader easy and get those torque values.

On demanding money back - I was looking to see if this is the norm in the market and whether I should do that or just grin and bear it.

Bruce...:ROFLMAO: wrong side of the world, mate! Spent a couple weeks in Victoria & NSW back in the early 90's but that's as close as I've ever been to your WA...

/ Items Missed During Delivery #13  
Good point on the fastener torques. I will definitely go over those again. Nice that Kubota has an app that I can get the manual for the loader easy and get those torque values.

On demanding money back - I was looking to see if this is the norm in the market and whether I should do that or just grin and bear it.
I don't think you should grin and bear it. I think you have been given sub standard service. Nevertheless, because you are not buying combines (but then how many combines do they sell in Stanwood?) or other similar large dollar purchases maybe the best solution is to identify all the problems, call the dealership, tell them you have identified all the problems that you already paid for to not be problems, and then arrange an appointment for them to come out and fix the problems. Be polite, even if it grates to be polite when they have clearly fallen down on the job.
Eric, living in Clinton on Whidbey
P.S.
Last summer I attempted to buy a John Deere lawn tractor for my wife. I did everything asked to get a price so I could buy the thing. The salesman, who was also, like me, named Eric, said everything was going smoothly and I would have a price soon. You would think the same name would help. Hah! We still never got a price and have not bought the lawn tractor. And my wife still wants a new one. I guess we are just small potatoes. Next time I'm gonna get a quote for a combine. And then downsize.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #14  
Howdy all. I just took delivery of my mid-life crisis vehicle. It's a B2601 with pretty much everything I wanted. MSL loader, top-n-tilt kit, Rimguard, third function, quick hitch along with attachments: forks, 4-in-1 bucket, snow blade, box blade, HD25 auger, and power rake.

First, I asked but didn't press the issue before delivery about the fact that I have two rear remotes, and when using the power rake, will not have an available third circuit to operate it as the two remotes are connected to the top-n-tilt cylinders. When it was delivered, the power rake was mounted and connected and the top cylinder was left disconnected. Not impressed with this, but fine, I will deal with sorting a multiplier / diverter valve.

The bigger issue for me is the things that were missed at delivery.
1) They forgot the tire ballast,
2) they forgot the 24" auger, and delivered a 9" auger instead of a 12" that is in my contract,
3) they installed the third function quick connects on the loader in such a way that it blocked the operation of the swift tach kickstand release,
4) they didn't provide a copy of the loader manual so I was left to figure that out, youtube videos didn't help as they assume everything is setup correctly.
5) they did not adjust the kickstands for the swift tach kickstands to function correctly, the kickstands (at full bucket dump) were not raised enough to allow the release to release...hard to explain, but because the kickstands hung about 1.5" low, the release could not function as intended, and
6) the loader was greased, mostly. They left three pin locations dry, two in the MSL linkage, and the rod end of one boom cylinder.

Any one of those items I think is understandable, even two. But this many misses on one deal seems like a problem. Am I out of line here with my expectation, or is this something that I should be frustrated with?

Note that the tractor was taken back to the dealership once already. They addressed the missing tire ballast and the improperly mounted third function quick connects, but failed to address that the swift tach mechanism did not function properly. I figured out the adjustment needed and saved them a trip coming back, but I am kind of feeling like after spending a ton of money on this, including $3,600 for installation fees, that I should be delivered a turn key solution.
Experience has taught me that most dealers are rather cavalier about PDI.

No, I did not say that there were not exceptions.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #15  
I have a John Deere with a 60” auto connect deck. When it’s working correctly it’s not hands free but it goes off and on in about 2 minutes. The pto was getting where it wouldn’t connect I’d have to reach under the tractor to align it. I finally figured a bolt was missing and was probably never installed. It has the nylon locking nut on it so I find it hard to believe it fell off.

I think all brands are a little lacking in dealer prep if they have to do final assembly.

Thanks all for the feedback, I’m going to let it percolate for a couple days in my head. Appreciate the varied viewpoints and experiences.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #17  
pretty standard from what I've been reading on different forums for the past couple years that the Kubota PDI sucks ass... I know it's alot to ask a dealer to make sure something we're paying $20k and up is ready to work when it's delivered BRAND NEW, not to have to worry about hoses not tightened and leaking, loose bolts, items set up properly and leveled,so on and so on and not having an issue within the first few hours of operating it and having dealer have to pick it up and holding it hostage for days or weeks....

/ Items Missed During Delivery #18  
In my younger years I worked for a MF dealer. The operators manual had a PDI check list in the back of the manmual, both the dealer and the purchaser had to sign the pages. One was torn out and either kept by the dealer or returned to the company can't remember which. Each of those items had to be checked off and was signed by the tech, the purchaser signed that he had recieved instruction on proper maintenance and operation.

/ Items Missed During Delivery #19  
In my admittedly limited experience, I have found that pre-delivery inspections are pretty much limited to "Yep, I see a tractor." I won't complain TOO much, but I found a few items missing on the Kubota 2601 I bought five years ago.

I got ZERO instructions on how to operate the tractor and ZERO instructions on operator safety. Most of that was remedied by reading TBN posts and the operators manuals (one of which was missing, along with the drawbar). I'm still finding grease fittings in places I don't expect, and lubing them promptly. So far, I still have all my appendages, so I guess the time spent here on TBN wasn't wasted.

Neighbor bought a stump grinder from Titan, no paperwork at all and I noticed the grease fittings were completely clean. We lubed them all and the thought crossed my mind - I wonder if there is any oil in the gearbox? Nope, dry as a bone. A quart of 90wt fixed that. Thinking back, I know that trucking companies don't like to deal with oil spills, so shipping stuff dry makes sense. It would have been nice, however, for the vendor to have attached a sticker "NO OIL!" in red letters. You can buy a lot of stickers for what one ruined gearbox costs after it was run dry.

They assume we know . . . some of us are new at this and we don't . . . mistakes get real expensive real fast, and some of those mistakes can even be fatal.

Real men don't read instructions? Well real men who want to live, do.

Best Regards (and happy holidays),

Mike in Florida

/ Items Missed During Delivery #20  
Howdy all. I just took delivery of my mid-life crisis vehicle. It's a B2601 with pretty much everything I wanted. MSL loader, top-n-tilt kit, Rimguard, third function, quick hitch along with attachments: forks, 4-in-1 bucket, snow blade, box blade, HD25 auger, and power rake.

First, I asked but didn't press the issue before delivery about the fact that I have two rear remotes, and when using the power rake, will not have an available third circuit to operate it as the two remotes are connected to the top-n-tilt cylinders. When it was delivered, the power rake was mounted and connected and the top cylinder was left disconnected. Not impressed with this, but fine, I will deal with sorting a multiplier / diverter valve.

The bigger issue for me is the things that were missed at delivery.
1) They forgot the tire ballast,
2) they forgot the 24" auger, and delivered a 9" auger instead of a 12" that is in my contract,
3) they installed the third function quick connects on the loader in such a way that it blocked the operation of the swift tach kickstand release,
4) they didn't provide a copy of the loader manual so I was left to figure that out, youtube videos didn't help as they assume everything is setup correctly.
5) they did not adjust the kickstands for the swift tach kickstands to function correctly, the kickstands (at full bucket dump) were not raised enough to allow the release to release...hard to explain, but because the kickstands hung about 1.5" low, the release could not function as intended, and
6) the loader was greased, mostly. They left three pin locations dry, two in the MSL linkage, and the rod end of one boom cylinder.

Any one of those items I think is understandable, even two. But this many misses on one deal seems like a problem. Am I out of line here with my expectation, or is this something that I should be frustrated with?

Note that the tractor was taken back to the dealership once already. They addressed the missing tire ballast and the improperly mounted third function quick connects, but failed to address that the swift tach mechanism did not function properly. I figured out the adjustment needed and saved them a trip coming back, but I am kind of feeling like after spending a ton of money on this, including $3,600 for installation fees, that I should be delivered a turn key solution.