Dealer Items Missed During Delivery

/ Items Missed During Delivery #21  
I feel for you ! I’m in NZ but it’s much the same here, people talk the talk but rarely make you feel over serviced. A lot of what your saying comes down to having knowledge of an industry in that the guys doing the work in the past would just no what needed to be done. I go into hardware shops now and kids are serving you who have no knowledge of what they are selling not only that don’t care. It’s funny here but talking to guys it seems to Be in every industry and the guys that put an effort in are deemed exceptional ! Good luck getting it resolved

/ Items Missed During Delivery #22  
Sounds like no damage was done. I'd ask for a free 50 hour first service. Keep the problem inside the shop. It's shop business; not the dealership.

BTW, inspecting the work of the mechanics is traditionally the responsibility of the shop foreman. It is why he gets a percentage of each labor bill. You should be talking to him,

Back when I was a much younger mechanic the shop foreman had to approve each machine before it left the shop. He did this by going over the machine and by using only his fingers to test if each bolt and nut was snug. Anything he removed that way cost the set-up mechanic ten cents for small fasteners and a quarter for large ones. Resultant fluid spills were a dollar plus cleanup.

Herman had fingers like vise grips... and it was rare when he couldn't make beer money on a machine.
rScotty

/ Items Missed During Delivery
Thanks again everyone, we will see what they do to make it right.

it’s back with them again. I got Bro-Tek spacers and when I removed the rears to install, I found the tire ballast to be under filled. Not a little, like 25% filled (or less) and 75% air…the opposite of what it should be. This was after the first time they delivered it with no ballast and got a second chance to get it right.🤦‍♂️

Plus, I just discovered the quick removable canopy was installed incorrectly. It’s a minor thing with the hand knob that secures the canopy, which is meant to be able to backed off but kept captive with a nylon locking nut. The tech drove the nylock nut tight to the backside, basically jam nutting the hand knob in place. 🤨 I guess I have leveled up to cranky old man who says “back in my day…” things about work ethic and attention to detail.

At this point it’s getting comically embarrassing for them. Seem these tasks related to setting up a tractor they should be proficient at and they are just tripping over themselves. Oh well…At least their driver is getting familiar with my address…🤷‍♂️