It's amazing what we think we need!

/ It's amazing what we think we need!
Re: It\'s amazing what we think we need!

Jim: Can't argue with you, and don't think you intended to pick an argument. You make very valid points. It is just that for those who post day in and day out about looking for help in picking a tractor, they should not lose sight of properly evaluating their real needs to their perception of what they need based upon influences such as advertising and what the other guy buys or thinks he needs.
These thoughts came to me as I was operating my old tractor and about to spend a bunch of money on a new one. When you think about the average hours an average person puts on a CUT, I estimate it would be about 50 to 100 a year. If you spend 20k to 30k on a CUT, its easy to do the math. It really, from a financial aspect, for most people, does not make sense. Now, I realize there are a number of other factors that effect the final outcome in the decision process, and don't mean to suggest finance is the only, or even for many, the driving factor. The whole idea of this post is meant as a reality check on a decision making process.
Do appriciate your comments.

/ It's amazing what we think we need! #22  

I can appreciate the orginal posters point as well as others.

While building some fence i took my nice new chainsaw out well the starter rope came loose.Well that was it for the day no tool to cut the wood. If I had a hand saw I would have completed that fence the same day a few months back.Well today the fence is still not complete. Like I said I appreciate the orginal posters point.

Technolgy can be good like air bags and anti lock brakes.So i agree with other posters.

Sometimes you must meet in the middle which sometimes is hard to find.

/ It's amazing what we think we need! #23  

I have to chime in here cause I bought not really knowing what I was going to get into or need and I'm hoping I chose correctly. With the timbering, well drilling and new garage, I have soooooooo much cleanup and property work that quite honesty I had no clue. I just made the decision based on what I learned here on features, price, work conditons/situations, implements and availability.

I knew my B9200, due to HP and no FEL, wasn't going to do it so I chose to upgrade. Yes my new one has a cupholder, what new one don't! It has a FEL, I wasn't about to dig what I have moved in 40 hours on my machine.

My point is I still don't really know what I'm going to get into even with all this obtainable information! I just hope (80% sure... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif), I got it close!