Buying Advice It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #41  
Salesman says if I don't get the SSQA you can knock the pins out of the bucket and pin back in whatever implement you want. Any opinions on that are greatly requested!!!!

I think they'd like me to stay with the loader that's on now because to get a SSQA would require them to find it and bring it in and install it.

My Kubota LA805 FEL weighs 1,279 pounds. To re-insert pins you would have to line up holes exactly. This is impractical, especially after you get a teensy bit of sag on one FEL arm.

If you tap on the pins a few times they will be even more difficult to extract and replace.

The SSQA is nice. I have one because that is the only way an LA2296 HD bucket can be ordered. But, what need do YOU see for SSQA? What do you foresee mounting on the FEL other than the bucket?

I optioned for $250 pin-on bucket on my prior Kubota B3300SU. Never removed the bucket nor FEL in 420 hours of use.

There are lots of attachments that clamp on the bucket, such as pallet forks, debris forks and bucket spades.

If you foresee a grapple, you need SSQA at time of purchase.

Last edited:
   / It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #42  
I would not accept a FEL with out SSQA. You can get a Quick Hitch for less than 600 bucks.

I think $600 is the price for Kubota heavy Lower Links, pinned stabilizers and telescoping links as a Kubota package option.

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800
And that's the BIG question. Wat WOULD I ever want to put in place of the loader bucket?? Maybe a snow blade? Or a snow blower but salesman says not enuf hydraulics to run blower. Don't know way else. I don't need forks. & if I did I could get bucket clamp on. Not sure I shud spend the $700

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #44  
And that's the BIG question. Wat WOULD I ever want to put in place of the loader bucket?? Maybe a snow blade? Or a snow blower but salesman says not enuf hydraulics to run blower. Don't know way else. I don't need forks. & if I did I could get bucket clamp on. Not sure I shud spend the $700

How bout a Grapple?

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #46  
   / It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #47  
Not sure I should spend the $700

$700 is not that much on $29,000 base. If you foresee a need for SSQA, now is the time.

You will be operating this tractor for 100's of hours.

Agree, Murph----- ?

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #48  
A SSQA is worth it even if all you ever did was drop your bucket when using the 3 point in tight quarters. Not to even mention grapples, forks, augers ,etc that you might use more than a bucket. I am surprised tractors don't come standard with a grapple.

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #49  
A SSQA is worth it even if all you ever did was drop your bucket when using the 3 point in tight quarters. Not to even mention grapples, forks, augers ,etc that you might use more than a bucket. I am surprised tractors don't come standard with a grapple.

Agreed. Ssqa is the cat's meow. I mostly use my tractor with nothing on the fel. Takes 20 seconds to put the bucket on when I need it.

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #50  
Only had the L3800 a few weeks and the the Quick Attach has been real useful going between the bucket and forks.