It's good to have a Bobcat

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #1  

galaxie428

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
We haven't had a lot of snow but there was some drifting in front of our house Saturday morning. This is where our sidewalk is. The bobcat came in pretty handy. This drift was not there Friday night when we went to sleep but it was there when we got up Saturday. I sure am glad I did not have to use a shovel on this!

Attachments

• 100_1691a.JPG
    100_1691a.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 100_1689a.JPG
    100_1689a.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 100_1692a.JPG
    100_1692a.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 100_1697a.JPG
    100_1697a.JPG
    340.7 KB · Views: 301
   / It's good to have a Bobcat #2  
It's good to have a retriever too.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #3  
That's one big drift! Wow!!!

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #4  
I'm curious how you find the general purpose tires for working in deep snow. I'm assuming it is not an option without the rear ballast. But even with the ballast is the traction acceptable.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat
It's good to have a retriever too.

Yes, she comes in pretty handy. She is a pointing lab though she is still a pup and still learning. She did point a 1/2 dozen covey's of quail and a few singles but she also flushed as many. I was moving the snow out from around that little tree in the pic because she likes to chew all the branches off. She already has the lower ones chewed off, the snow drift would allow her to eat the rest!

That's one big drift! Wow!!!

It always drifts there but never this much. And, we have had much more snow and it has not drifted that much. The wind has been horrible this year though.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #6  
That's what I call seat time..dang.

Every job has boss,looks like he/she doesn't give to many breaks.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #7  
I'm curious how you find the general purpose tires for working in deep snow. I'm assuming it is not an option without the rear ballast. But even with the ballast is the traction acceptable.

I find that they do good with weight, lots and lots of weight. I wish that my CT335 rims had the holes to add rear wheel weights.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #8  

I find that they do good with weight, lots and lots of weight. I wish that my CT335 rims had the holes to add rear wheel weights.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat

I don't really have anything to compare it to. I suspect ag tires would be much better but I use the tractor to mow with also so I went with the gp's. Like was mentioned, the extra weight helps. The ag tires I bet would allow me to "dig in" better but would tear up my yard too much.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #10  
I don't really have anything to compare it to. I suspect ag tires would be much better but I use the tractor to mow with also so I went with the gp's. Like was mentioned, the extra weight helps. The ag tires I bet would allow me to "dig in" better but would tear up my yard too much.

Do you have liquid ballast in your rear tires? Make all the difference in the world for traction.