It's good to have a Bobcat

/ It's good to have a Bobcat
Do you have liquid ballast in your rear tires? Make all the difference in the world for traction.

No I do not. As I mentioned, I also use it to mow and it is already heavy. I don't want to add any more permanent weight to it that I need to.

Looks like you are a good fit for a snow fence.

I have snow fence, I just never think about putting it put. Plus, the lab in the pics would have it eaten to pieces in a day. There is nothing that is safe in the yard.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #13  
No I do not. As I mentioned, I also use it to mow and it is already heavy. I don't want to add any more permanent weight to it that I need to.

I have snow fence, I just never think about putting it put. Plus, the lab in the pics would have it eaten to pieces in a day. There is nothing that is safe in the yard.

Looks like the snow is safe in the yard. Maybe you should flavor the snow and see if it disappears. Lol

If I could make it sparkle like a light, I bet she would eat every bit of it. She loves lights. We have surveilance cameras at the house and I logged in one day from work to check on the house and I watched her pull 15 solar lights up along the house, one at a time, and eat them. I really don't think she ate the glass, I found most of if broken up in the yard but the lights were ruined. Those are not the only lights she has ruined. My wife calls her "dam dog". (I know that is the wrong spelling)

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #15  
i find the gp tires the best i have used short of chains for snow. not filled and the only weight i have is a 400 pound cab and a rear grader blade.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #16  
I'm curious how you find the general purpose tires for working in deep snow. I'm assuming it is not an option without the rear ballast. But even with the ballast is the traction acceptable.
I have the same machine and tires as Galaxie has, only I have the tires loaded with beet juice and a back blade on the 3 pt instead of the ballast. Total weight is a bit over 3000 pounds.

I can drive forward and wing off about 6 inches of snow without spinning the tires, except for one spot on the drive that takes a fairly steep upturn. Blading in reverse I can handle almost twice that depth before the snow tops the blade and builds up under the tires killing my traction.

Oddly enough, dropping the FEL and pushing through with it doesn't make any appreciable difference than the backblade as the snow eventually builds up in front, and what falls back into the cleared path again builds up under the tires and kills traction. Which is why with deep snow I end up herringboning the snow off all the way up the drive.

All that is one reason why I've been considering whether or not to get a front mount blower for it.

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #17  
3rd pic says it all .... what? why did you stop short of the tree!

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #18  
Dr zinj i think a front mount blower would be sweet in your situation. they r slower going and most times loader has to be removed but i cant see a better way to move large amounts of snow. especially if u dont need loader in winter. sure would be nice if it was blower cab combo.

3rd pic says it all .... what? why did you stop short of the tree!

That was my attempt to start clearing out the snow from around that tree that has already had most of the lower braches chewed off by the dog. If I had left the snow drift there, all you would find is a nub left. My wife's father gave us two tulip poplars about 4 years ago, one had grown to about 6' and the other about 10'. This past summer I was out in the front yard and thought something looked like it was missing. After walking around a bit, I realized that I was missing two trees. Both of them had been eaten down to 3" nubs!

I now have cages around them and they are coming back, we will see if they come out of it this summer.

As my wide would say, DAM DOG!

/ It's good to have a Bobcat #20  
I have a CT335 with AG tires and filled. Yes I get great traction, but they sure tear up the landscape and I do notice the extra weight when carrying the tractor on a trailer. So the reason I asked about the GP tires was to get an idea how much traction I might loose in snow if I switched over to them.