It's MY CAT...(really?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / It's MY CAT...(really?) #21  
the vet is an idiot. the ex is an idiot. quit associating with idiots and enjoy being unencumbered.
i love it when an ex reminds you of why she is an ex.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #22  
1. Explain to the vet, your divorced and if you come in with an animal, it is your animal.
2. Find a cat carrier.
3. Send cat via airmail to your ex.
4. Enjoy your life without strings attached.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?)
the vet is an idiot. the ex is an idiot. quit associating with idiots and enjoy being unencumbered.
i love it when an ex reminds you of why she is an ex.

The sad thing about an ex is: They are a constant reminder of how dumb you were to marry them in the first place....:laughing:

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #24  
have the vet send her the bill
if she pays it then she still has co-ownership of the cat
if she doesn't pay the bill go in to the vets office and pay it and then ask them to take her off the account because it's your cat

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #25  
Have a question for the experts here: Prior to my divorce my ex-wife and I had four cats, we both adopted the oldest one back in late 2001 and the other three I chose to adopt myself. Now, during the divorce when my ex moved into her parents home, she asked if I could take care of the oldest one (herefore known as 'her" cat) until she settled things out. I told her okay. After 5 months of living with her parents, and making no effort to relocate said feline, she moved to Tennessee, and made no effort to relocate said feline then either.

Took the cat to the vet today, and told them that I was now the only one responsible for said feline, yet they called my ex-wife to authorize treatment although I had asked them not to. Well, the ex gave me pure he**, saying "It's my cat, how could you tell them to take my name off the account..." etc. Truth is, I DIDN'T tell them to do that but they did anyway...and four hours later my ex and I are still angry at each other.

My position is, if it's HER cat, why can't she be responsible to the critter? She says uprooting him would be too much distress (actually, I think she is just too frickin' lazy to want to care for him) and I asked her if she would EVER be able to be responsible for him, and that I didn't anticipate she would be able to do that...guess how that came across...

So, tell me....whose cat is it, anyway...? :laughing: :laughing:

You know JD, this sounds more like a maritial problem than a cat problem. A wise man once told me that "It's always easy to divorce another man's wife", and I found that to be true, so I will not dwell on that aspect, but it sounds like the relationship is where it should be, or at least headed in the right direction. Good luck. I think the cat problem will work itself out whatever way you want it to.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #26  
If some people can sue for child support...

Can't you sue her for CAT SUPPORT? Perhaps to the tune of $1000 per month?

Honestly, I can't imagine the ownership of a single cat is such a big deal. If she wants the cat, she needs to pay for the bills, and arrange to pick it up in a timely manner. Give her 60 days to pick up the cat if you wish.

Anything else that still needs to be divided? You're not running a storage facility.

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #27  
So, tell me....whose cat is it, anyway...? :laughing: :laughing:
Why did you take the cat to the vet in the first place? I think the answer to this question could be quite relevant. If the cat was sick then it would seem to me that you would now be the cat's rightful caretaker or the current owner. If not then I would wonder why you would take some one else's cat to the vet for no good reason. Was there a good reason to take the cat to the vet?

/ It's MY CAT...(really?) #28  
Tell the Vet to send her the bill,and that would be the last time I would go to that Vet. I would have told them off for calling her.
You are divorced-she didn't want the cat,so it is yours,and she has no more claim to it.

^What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.