I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes......

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes......
Re: I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...

Very nice job! Right up my alley!

I just don't like LED lights for their inability to melt away snow!

Thanks for the compliment!

Don't like LED lights for there inability to melt snow? Here's one solution::thumbsup:

IMG_3198.JPG

I have seen a lot of chatter about the finned aluminum housings used to dissipate the heat buildup. :confused3:

Don

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...... #12  
Re: I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...

I put a 6" bar on mine and it is the best addition going. I have not had any issues with snow building up and the light output is awesome. Also the low draw makes it very easy on the alternator.

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes......

I put a 6" bar on mine and it is the best addition going. I have not had any issues with snow building up and the light output is awesome. Also the low draw makes it very easy on the alternator.

I'm not understanding. A 6" bar over the light as a visor to shield the light from falling snow?? Yes?

Don

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...... #14  

IMG_1277.jpgIMG_1276.jpg

No Sir, it is a 6" light bar (aka "a bar"). I just mounted it on the underside of the ROPS and that keeps a little snow off, but if it gets any on it I can just reach up while working and give it a quick wipe so the snow is never and issue)
Sorry for the confusion Don.

View attachment 363846View attachment 363847

No Sir, it is a 6" light bar (aka "a bar"). I just mounted it on the underside of the ROPS and that keeps a little snow off, but if it gets any on it I can just reach up while working and give it a quick wipe so the snow is never and issue)
Sorry for the confusion Don.

Thanks for the clarification! It all makes sense now. :thumbsup:

Don

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...... #16  

Anytime!

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...... #17  

It looks great.. The headlight seems to be very bright.. Can I use these led lights for the truck lighting at the front of my truck??

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...... #18  

FWIW, I had puny 18 W LED lights on my old tractor, and I never noticed any snow build-up issues, whether wet, heavy snow, dry snow, or blowing blizzard. The real problem was my glasses. They got wet, and the light got diffused a bit by flakes, but no real trouble.

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...... #19  

Yep, they make a bunch of sizes for on trucks. Now they are not legal for on road use in most states as they are incredibly bright, but on back roads, camping, hunting, etc, they are awesome!!!
Matt from Light it up off road sold us a 30" that will light up the night like the sun! It is incredible! The small cubes (D2 style lights) make great backup lights especially if you have tinted windows on your truck

/ I've seen the (LED) light & gone to the other side. Light bar, flood & strobes...... #20  

Wow. Nice install, love the custom box you did.

Feel free to drop me a message or an email about any LED lights or questions. We sell all sizes and have our lights on everything from F250s to ATVs to combines :)