j.d.4200

/ j.d.4200 #11  
hey raptor,! hows the M f hangin? its a little quite on this green side.Aint it.Ol 4200 just a swingin.Got 39 hrs. on er.Sure thinkin of goin synthetic.What do ya think?

/ j.d.4200 #12  
kerr02,

Obviously, I'm not raptor but you might want to do a search or read the "Oils and Lubricants" section. A lot of people don't think that you should switch to synthetics in the engine until it's broken in...some say that could be 150+ hours. Putting synthetics in the front axle and transmission is done by some well before 150+ hours though.

We have a JD4200 hydro, 4x4, with R4's on it at work. It's mainly used to move snow around the school building in winter, it's got a front snow blower and a rear blade. I don't believe that it's been out to have the new front axle put in yet though. I'll have to ask the building engineer, is it true what I've read that they're only doing it on those delivered with turf tires and belly mowers?

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ j.d.4200 #13  
Yo-ho Kerr.

I think I'd hold up awhile on the synthetic oil change. I'd probably get a couple 'o oil changes on her first. First one to clean out any shavings, etc. I'm thinking I'd want the engine seated in pretty well before a switching. Hot down there? It is up here. dang with 39 hours you'll have her wore out in two seasons time. Catch you later, be good to yourself.

Raptor

/ j.d.4200 #14  
i realy dont know.Depends on the dealer i guess.i got mine on 5/00 dealer said it just came off the trk.looked like it to me.this is a great machine!im sure j.d.will get the bugs out.Im not sure i know what the problem is with the front axle others talk about.When i lock er in 4x4 diff.locked wa-hell ya you can tear up the grass!Cut er a little sharp i have ta lower my face shield HA HA.

/ j.d.4200 #15  
yo buzzard!HA!!!YA,fella could be right about 150 hrs.got 42 on er now,i need ya to slap me couple a times ta get this silly smile off my face{can i get an a-men?}.put er to the big test this wknd bubba.Ya know that sec. i told ya I wanted to clear out?You looked and said "ya this winter i hope"Its bout hammered.In soft soil,4x4,diff. locked pushin a load,way better than orange rentals.heaver for sure. And it turns me ON BABY!!!!! J.D.RULES!!!!!sorry its that smile thing.O man i gotta go, pray for snow raptor so ya can play! Any thoughts on reg oil,what you using?Hows the tearadactal? Ha.

/ j.d.4200 #17  
Kerr,

Darn boy, you ain't gonna have any place to play (I mean work) if you landscape your whole place in one year. Slow down, make momma think that's hard slow work you're doing out there. If she see's these posts, and that mile wide grin you're carrying around you're gonna have a tough time keeping her off it. Heck if the word every gets out to the split tails that tractoring is fun, we tripods will never have a chance at getting back on 'em. Be good to yourself.