j.i. case 1949 SC

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #91  
How is every thing going on the Case. Did you get a waterpump to replace the leaky one.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
i am currently in the process of draining the radiator and taking the old pump off and am waitin on the new one to come in while i have the front apart i am replacing the belt and the radiator hoses mideswell kill 2 birds with one stone

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #93  
yep.. any time I pull a belt or hose.. unless new as of that year.. a new one goes on..

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #94  
Looks like I got here too late to suggest a possible cheap water pump rebuild option for the SC. About 7 years ago my 1943 Case SC's water pump started leaking. I ended up taking it to an O'Riley's auto parts store which had checked with their supplier about doing a custom rebuild fro this pump. They sent my leaking pump off and it came back with new bearings and a new seal and a lifetime warranty- all for only about $65.

The only down side was that it took them about 6-8 weeks to rebuild it and send it back- I was getting pretty nervous that they lost it because they said that it would be done and back in my hands in 3-4 weeks.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
any advice im entering my case sc in the antque pulls this weekend

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #96  

I have found that they pull best in second gear at a half rpm as it is less likely to spin the tires and as it gets lugged down raise the rpm's as needed. You will have to find the tricks with your own tractor and the conditions of the track.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #97  
remember to get pics and let us know how it pulls!

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #98  

Also you can step on the individual breaks if one side starts to spin. Step on the break on the spinning side to help get more power to the other side. If you watch the spot on the track where everybody else spins, try to avoid the spot by lining up with what looks like the stablest ground.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
thanks

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
i dont have any weights for it will that be ok?