j.i. case 1949 SC

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #81  
ya their water a litle water seepege down under the pully so i should replace my water pump alrighty anythang else i should do i do not no of it has a thermostat or not

I would spend the money and replace the pump. If it has a thermostat there will be a 3rd hose clamp on the upper rad hose.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
ok were a good place to get the water pump?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
no it does not have a thermostat neither does my 8n

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #85  
ya their water a litle water seepege down under the pully

i figured as much... if it's sucking air.. it's almost gotta be leaking water on a low speed app like that...

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
so if it the water pump should i worry about antifreeze going anywere it shoud not or should i not run it at all until its fixed?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #87  
if it's leaking thru the shaft seal / packing.. it wil continue to do so until fixed.. likely eventually get worse.. possibly even having bearing issues at the end. it's usually a more of a long term issue than short term.. rarely do wp's start leaking then detonate 2 weeks later. usually it's more of a leak that starts then gets worse till fixed, or untill a bearing starts going (hub gets losser and looser )

fix when you can.. and if it leaks and makes a puddle.. keep animals away from it..

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #88  
if it's leaking thru the shaft seal / packing.. it wil continue to do so until fixed.. likely eventually get worse.. possibly even having bearing issues at the end. it's usually a more of a long term issue than short term.. rarely do wp's start leaking then detonate 2 weeks later. usually it's more of a leak that starts then gets worse till fixed, or untill a bearing starts going (hub gets losser and looser )

fix when you can.. and if it leaks and makes a puddle.. keep animals away from it..

To add on to what SoundGuy said, you will stop getting reading on the temperature gauge as air will be going past the pick up. It will not hurt it but you will not be able to see what the coolant temp is at. I have found that seals start to go a short while after bearings starts to go causing the shaft to rub on the seal. If the tractor sat for a long time the seal can also be dry and cracked.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
so what kinda of thermostat should i put in it do they take a diffrent one then a car?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #90  
so what kinda of thermostat should i put in it do they take a diffrent one then a car?

You do not need a thermostat. It was an option from the factory. You can order one from Steiner tractor. Mine has not got one and It does not affect it.