j.i. case 1949 SC

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
i also made a mistake and filled up my ford 8n tractor with 10-20 extreame hydralic oil not nowing that the book called for 90 weight in her wich is **** expesive 21 dollars a gallon i got the 90 weight for my Case tractor cuz its a alot nicer tractor do you think i will do any extreame damage to ford if i just use to push snow and do a lil brush hoggin? and what kind of equipment do you think my case tractor can handle? bailer?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #22  
hyd oil in that ford will wear out the rear end and tranny..

you could go with a utf fluid.. or a yellow metal safe gear oil.

napa sells 90wt gl1 5g pail for about 50$ 65-205

plenty of people sell a 80w90 gl4/5 mt1 yellow metal safe gear oil too.. again.. about 50$ a pail.

utf from 20-50$ a pail will be safe too.

not r&0, jack oil, or plain hyd oil.. or atf fluid.

i don't hay.. so am unsure what bailer you could run. as for mower.. figure on average.. 5 pto hp per foot of mower. that's average. go slow and go a lil wider.. if in heavy.. go shorter.. etc.. or take less bite..

soundguy

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #23  
The Case can power a baler like a John Deere 14 or 24t. You can pull a 2 or 3 bottom plow, run a 8 foot sickle mower ext. The tractor has the weight to do most things people use 40hp tractors today for.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
what would be the best mower for hay on it?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
im going to leave the tractor sit outside anything i should make sure i do or cover up on it? it should not hurt it to put ford gear oil 90 weight in the rear end shuld it the book just calls for 90 weight oil is all and thats all tsc has

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #26  
Cover up the exhaust unless you want water to get in it and seize your engine. Make sure that the rubber grommet around the shifter is there and intact or water can get into the transmission. The 90 weight oil won't hurt it one bit.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
Ok do i need to cover up the distributor cap at all?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
i decieded it was smarter to put the 8n ford outside and the case in the shed much better machine to nice to sit outside in my book it does not tell me were the drain plugs are for the rear end im guessin its the big pipe plug on the right hand side up by the front and then theirs a smaller pipe plug underneath the rear in the middle near the hitch correct i no were the clutch drain and oil drains are

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #30  
you can spary silicone onthe dizzy cap to help it shed water.

the gear oil fo rhte ford will be fine.. but probably cheaper to get generic gear oil..e tc..