Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #11  
40mph in a Boomer? Get your helmet on,seatbelt,and pray that you do not roll it.

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #12  
No wonder big companies are in trouble today this guy from New Holland knows nothing about tractors. First he described the 3 point hitch as the "PTO hitch" and said the operator could hook it up without getting off of the tractor. The he said that it could go 40 or 50 MPH and then said it again and Leno questioned him on it and he said yes it can do 40MPH. This guy knows nothing about tractor somebody needs to help New Holland. Buy the way the top speed is 18.6MPH off of the New Holland web site. Somebody has their facts mixed up wither the web site of the guy in charge. This has to be embarrassing to the NH dealers and I know it does not represent you guys.

When I saw 40MPH, I couldn't believe it. That thing would bounce you off at anything above 20...

I do credit Leno for having one though, don't care how he got it. I have to like the guy being a classic car guy myself....His shop is in an airplane hanger, so I doubt it'll see much dirt. Just something to add to the collection. It's all good.

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #13  
Do you suppose he could be a secret TBN member? Way to go Jay! You look good gettin' some seat time. :thumbsup:

Jay Leno's Garage

Back before the Internet bubble burst I owned some stock in a toy store company that had a very active message board even though it was not a very familiar name in the toy store business, one regular poster was named jayxxxx. The company ended up in bankruptcy and in the days following the announcement Jay Leno made several jokes about said toy store company.

Not to mention that many times Leno has been accused of "stealing" some of his jokes/anecdotes from internet message board wits!

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N
Back before the Internet bubble burst I owned some stock in a toy store company that had a very active message board even though it was not a very familiar name in the toy store business, one regular poster was named jayxxxx. The company ended up in bankruptcy and in the days following the announcement Jay Leno made several jokes about said toy store company.

Not to mention that many times Leno has been accused of "stealing" some of his jokes/anecdotes from internet message board wits!

What's your point? Isn't that what comedians do? They take anecdotes or real life happenings and make them funny so that we laugh at ourselves. Heck! Washington, DC, the economy, and presidential campaigns are all easy pickings for all comedians. Some comedians don't wait 24 hours before making jokes about people who are deceased. As far as I'm concerned, if Leno is here, he's welcome to my stories.:thumbsup:

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #15  

Best stick to threads where you are only mildly insulting......:laughing:

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #16  
On the video Jay says something about his antique steam powered tractor and how he wonders if the 8N could out pull it. That is something I would like to see. I'll bet that the steam tractor, because of its weight, would easily out pull the Boomer.

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #18  
Leno earns his money through his work, ability and talent. I no more begrudge him his success than any other successful person in entertainment, sports or business. It is what it is.

I also like the "blue collar" aspect of his hobbies and life. It likely keeps him sane. While we never really know public figures, Jay seems like one of the really good guys, thank you. He seems decent and pretty clean livin', especially in comparison to so many other "shake your head at them" celebs.

One last poke, though, at NH. Said it when it first came out and I'll say it one last time. The tractor is likely as gorgeous a machine as built in the modern era and, at the same time, what a marketing screw up. The original, towards which it is a nod, was a small, simple, affordable, "everyman" machine. This over sized, over priced tribute was misguided from the get go. A shame. Really, honestly a shame. What might have been had they based it on a small TC frame with 25 hp and a price of $16K. That would have been lights out. There likely would have been one in my shop today.

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #19  
What's your point?

my point was that you had a good point and Leno could very well post on this board, anyone that watches Leno knows he is a big web user.

There are a lot of funnier people than Leno and many of them post on mesage boards, of course there are a few dumb ones too :laughing:

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #20  
Based on what the New Holland VP was saying about the Boomer 8n, I would be embarrassed to be seen driving one. It is a very pretty machine, and 50hp is nice power for it's size, but he clearly expressed that it was designed for rich people to pretend to be farmers and play tractor. His lack of knowlege about the original was insulting, and I even questioned if New Holland had a non-tractor division that this guy was representing.

It's no wonder nobody is buying them, and they will be a limited edition (meaning soon to be cancelled). I say good riddance, and that New Holland VP should be next. :mad: