Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #21  
Leno earns his money through his work, ability and talent. I no more begrudge him his success than any other successful person in entertainment, sports or business. It is what it is.

I also like the "blue collar" aspect of his hobbies and life. It likely keeps him sane. While we never really know public figures, Jay seems like one of the really good guys, thank you. He seems decent and pretty clean livin', especially in comparison to so many other "shake your head at them" celebs.

I agree with you. I believe he is still married to the same lady he met before he was uber-famous. That says alot.

MoKelly

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N
Okay, I think I know how the three late night comedians would use the tractor based on their personalities.

Jay Leno will use his tractor to move his cars and lift things around his garage.

"Conehead" O'brien would just want to use it to crush and tear something up and he'd be too scared to drive it himself. He would call it a bulldozer.

David Letterman would make a top 10 list of things to do/not do with the Boomer while doing absolutely nothing with it himself.

My vote is give it to Jay!:thumbsup:

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #23  
Saw the video of New Holland VP Abe Hughes at Leno's Garage. Some people think big businesses are populated at the top by people who don't really know anything about the basics of what their companies are about. I guess Abe showed all of you.:laughing:

To be fair, I have to agree with the NH VP, it is a bucket on the front of that tractor. Other than that, he seems to be talking out his PTO.

:mur:

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #24  
All kidding aside, I would love to see Leno's garage rebuild an original 8n. I'm going to try to post that suggestion to his sites comment board. Maybe if enough of us do that, he might consider building one:thumbsup:

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #25  
I lost all respect over Leno over this ;

Jay Leno sued for buying Duesenberg Sam Barer’s Four Wheel Drift

From another article

The suit, filed yesterday in Manhattan Supreme Court, accuses the Windsor Garage owners of taking advantage of John Straus' dementia to cook up the 2005 sale to Leno, who lusted after the Duesenberg.

"Leno knew this car was not for sale and Straus had made that clear to him," said Goldberg, adding that it is worth more than $1.5 million.

A lawyer for Leno and the garage said the cars went on the block only after Straus became "extremely delinquent" in paying his storage fee.

"Mr. Leno bought the car in good faith," lawyer Bruce Bronster said.

The garage's director of maintenance ended up with the Rolls, the suit says, when the company in 2005 refused to accept a $36,000 check from the ailing Straus for garaging the cars.

"They took advantage of a man suffering from a debilitating illness," Goldberg said

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #26  
Leno said the fair market value for the unrestored Duesi was $180k

Total crap. Those cars start off at 650-750k unrestored and that is if you can find one. I'm into old muscle cars and you ought to see the heavy hitters and the scams they pull to buy old cars from people. I couldn't sleep at night over what these guys pull.

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N
I'm confused.:confused: If Leno had not bought that car, it would have sold to somebody else wouldn't it? Instead of Chapman pocketing $140k as stated in the link, he would surely have pocketed an amount more or less from somebody else. I don't see how Leno can be faulted except that he tried to misrepresent the elevator's capability to help him in the bidding. That would surely be an issue between Leno and Chapman. Neither the fellow who died nor his estate would have collected more. What seems clear is that Leno wanted this car very much. When it became available, why not try to get it? If the lawsuit is successsful, I can't see Leno having to do anything but give back the car. If he does, it will surely be because the garage owner didn't have the right to sell it. Those things are decided in a court of law, not the court of TBN in my opinion.

Gosh Sweep, you are free to think what you want about Leno, but he spends a ton of money keeping his collection going. With rare old cars and steam vehicles, the market will always be competitive and passions high. That's what gives value to old iron, isn't it? These vehicles are something rare that lots of folks want.:)

/ Jay Leno's new Boomer 8N #30  
"The complaint included claims of unjust enrichment and 田onversion for the alleged wrongful taking of the Duesenberg. The plaintiffs seek damages of at least $1.7 million and return of the vehicle."

Okay the estate (or its executor or beneficiaries) feels screwed over and wants the car back. That's a fair enough position to stand up for. But then they want 1.7 MILLION in additional damages? 1.7 MILLION? For what, mental anguish? And you're calling Leno the bad guy?