JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #31  
Yeah, the old "rogue stick" scenario. Many other fluid system parts, connections, and other doo-hickies are also susceptible.

Tres Crowes is right, though. I've seen fuel bowls hanging out of tractors and diesel equipment since I was a kid. I think the old equipment engineers used to dress 'low and to the right.'

I'm able to balance the convenience of being able to monitor the sediment with the exposure. If I start using my 2210 in conditions that threaten the fuel bowl, I've breached the safety threshold and need a TLB. If I were a hotdog JD salesman, I'd sell it to you as a safety feature "...when the bowl gets knocked off, you've gone too far!" /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #32  
Cadblaster, I don't think anyone answered your question about the MMM deck size. I have my operator's manual in front of me for the 2210 mower deck and it lists two decks. One is 54 inches and the other is 62 inches. My MMM is the 62 inch size.

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #33  
<font color="blue"> 3. Gas tank location....I used to hate lugging a diesel can over my hood to fill it on my dad's big Bota. On the BX its on the fender, real easy to fill, and no worries about drips. </font>
<font color="green"> Answer: Yup', I have to lift my tank above the hood and wipe up the inevitable spill now. </font>
I too was concerned about the gas tank location on the JD. Sure looks easy to refuel the Kubota BX2200. I still went ahead with purchasing the JD 2210 and bought a spill-proof spout to attach to my Blitz fuel can.

Sure Pour® Nozzle -#33300

http://www.blitzusa.com/auto_products_spouts.html

Hopefully this spout will work to keep fuel off the tractor's hood. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it will do the trick.

/ JD 2210 vs. Bx 2200 #34  
Looks interesting. Let us know how it works!!!