JD 2305 vs. BX24

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24
Going back to both dealerships, the better of the JD and the great Kubota tomorrow. One after the other to see which one has the best seat feel.

This is more difficult than buying a new car/truck. It is also a lot more fun!!!

Rethinking the snow plow, I think that winter was cancelled due to a lack of interest in this area.

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #12  
I sell Kubota and New Holland. We can fit up a hoe on the New Holland almost exactly like Deere is on their tractor. There are quiet a few draw backs to doing this vs the way Kubota can do it from the factory. Having a fixed roll bar is a huge strike, once you hit your head on it 2-3 times you'll be wising you had a larger foldable one. The mounts are also not as nice. Its just tough to build good mounts on such a small tractor, adding the hoe after the fact limits their engineering possibilies and things just don't jive as well (thats been my experience with the Woods hoe anyway). The seat swivel is not perfect either, I'm not sure how Deere's will end up, but this is another area the BX excells over adding a hoe to a tractor that was not made for it to begin with.

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #13  
MessickFarmEqu said:
I sell Kubota and New Holland. We can fit up a hoe on the New Holland almost exactly like Deere is on their tractor. There are quiet a few draw backs to doing this vs the way Kubota can do it from the factory. Having a fixed roll bar is a huge strike, once you hit your head on it 2-3 times you'll be wising you had a larger foldable one. The mounts are also not as nice. Its just tough to build good mounts on such a small tractor, adding the hoe after the fact limits their engineering possibilies and things just don't jive as well (thats been my experience with the Woods hoe anyway). The seat swivel is not perfect either, I'm not sure how Deere's will end up, but this is another area the BX excells over adding a hoe to a tractor that was not made for it to begin with.

Keep in mind its backwards compatible - will fit on the 2210 and its replacment 2305. Foldable ROPS these days is $199 small change overall.
From the pictures I have seen its a slick unit. No conflict with the mower and the subframe can stay on - just disconnect the BH. I think the JD 260 has more umph over the BX24 specs backhoe, at least with digging force. I wouldnt knock it and say Kubota excels over it -

Duc

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #14  
Messick,

Who said the 2305 was never designed for a backhoe? I would like to know where you got that "fact". Deere usually is not the first to the marketplace with anything - because they spend the time needed in R&D and testing, before they bring it out. I would also like to know, especially if you have never actually seen one, you could say that the factory mounted Kubota backhoe is better than a dealer installed Deere? How about when the 2305 is available as a factory TLB later this year? Will that somehow change how well it was engineered???

I would like to know exactly what the "draw backs"(your words) are between the two designs? On one hand you have never seen it, on the other hand you are sure that the Kubota design is somehow superior. Have you seen the specifications on the two units? Have you tried to move the dipperstick on the Kubota when the engine is at idle? Have you dug a trench with either unit???

I know I have not been on TBN that long, but I have yet to see a Deere dealer slam the Kubota, yet you seem to attack the Deere equipment at every opportunity. They skew their specs, they play with their numbers, they have videos that are not true, etc. The fact is - Kubota makes good equipment. Deere makes good equipment. Give the customer the facts, not made up stories, and let them decide what unit is best for them. After all, it is thier money they are spending.

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #15  
Last year when I went tractor hunting, I visited Blue, Green And Red dealers. I gave kubota and deere the greatest consideration based on my research here at TBN before my purchase. For many reasons, I eventually purchased a JD3120 because I felt it met my needs and expectations better. I did try the kubota line but around here, they weren't priced any better than the deeres and felt much flimsier. I had a long conversation with the kubota dealer and took a credit app home. I even considered the BX tractor given the very attractive all-in-one price but decided the better of it. For me, it was too small, the tires too small, and the loader wasn't nearly as sturdy feeling as I expected. How do I know? Well, all I did was shake it and kicked it, and it rattled and shook side to side, much more so than I believed it should. I thought that if I could do that with my weak 155lb frame, well then my fears and imagination took over about it's durability and for what might happen during heavy use. I did the same to the deere models that I tried and they felt much more hefty. The deeres appeared more stylish to me although I did like the looks of the 3030 tractor, which I considered too pricey. The curved deere loader arms were more attractive and I felt provided better visibility. The hydraulics of the kubota seems to have greater output compared to deere but I'm not sure you would be comparing oranges to apples (green). The deeres hydraulics have a dual pump for seperate steering/implement while I believe the Kubota has a shared system. This could mean that the implement speed might slow when operated simultaneously with steering or the steering might be jerky. You'll want to check this for yourself. I also liked the fact that the deeres have real automotive style halogen headlamps which the kubota didn't have. Justified or not, they were the deciding factors for me. If you like the BX, you'll want to make sure you get one with the new style fenders. I believe there is or was an ongoing fender/floorboard cracking issue with this model. Obviously, there are a lot of loyal and happy kubota owners. But I am happy with my tractor and am not about to second guess my purchase. I believe I made the right decision and am very happy with it thus far. As far as price. Well, I got a much bigger and featured tractor in the JD3120 compared to the BX for about the same price but I lose the backhoe. Yes, the BH is an option but the $8k - $9k would break the bank. Rather, I felt that I would value and use other implements much more than the BH and I felt that renting a backhoe for the occassional use (for hundreds) but have a more significant tractor for the remaining 99% of it's more likely use was a more practical option. Of course every dealer I spoke to told me that from experience, one should always go with the bigger of the tractors they are leaning towards. I believe this is true as I am already thinking bigger.... Having used my tractor, I now am convinced that I would not have been satisfied with the size of the BX and would have been longing for a bigger one in short order. But maybe that's just me...

The bottom line is I bought the tractor that I liked better. Since both lines are considered excellent products, I think you should just buy the one you like better. It's your hard earned money, just make sure you get the one you are happy with.

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #16  
When you’ve narrowed it down to the big three. The brand of tractor you choose won’t make any difference in how much work you get done. It won’t affect the quality of the work it does. It won’t effect how reliable it is. It just doesn’t matter.

When you look at similar models they are all the same. You can’t tell the difference between 25 horses or 27 horses. You won’t notice a 100 pound lifting difference with the loader. You’ll get good at using a quarter inching 3 point and you’ll get good at position control 3 point. You will become accustomed to the controls and locations of peddles. With residential use on 8 acres you will never ware out any of these backhoes no matter how they are mounted to your tractor. You have narrowed your selection down to two very good companies with very solid products. I have a Kubota B7100 25 years old with 4000 hours on it and have had one problem that took some time to fix. The tractors you have narrowed down to are real heavy duty tractors. These are not MTD lawn tractors. You will be happy no matter which on you choose. If you base your decision on all the minutia of details when the company you chose comes out with a new model with slightly better specifications will you immediately trade up because the slight improvements will change the amount of work you accomplish? NO!

It ultimately should come down to the dealer and price. For some status will become a factor that may overcome price but at least you’re getting something for the money and you realize status is worth paying for.

Price is easy to compare.

How do you evaluate the dealer? Do they have full time service technicians? Do they have a full time parts person? How big is the parts department? How long have they been in business? What does the inventory of tractors and implements look like? Does it look like a professionally run business? Do they use modern business technology? Do they run a web site? Can you contact them with email? Do they represent other high quality product lines? How far do you need to drive to get parts, filters and oil? Will they transport your tractor for warranty repair for free? What is the cost of the 50 hour maintenance? Can you return an implement if it’s too small or too big? Will they let you try an implement at home? Most importantly! Do they have free popcorn??

When I bought my second tractor I bought another Kubota. Not because I think it’s better than a John Deere but because of the great service I get out of my dealer and because Ed, Bob, Phillip and Red are great guys to work with. (Red is becoming Silver and we may need to change that name)

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #17  
I eventually purchased a JD3120 because I felt it met my needs and expectations better.
Thats not only a jump in size, but also a jump in class over a BX24. I would be very happy with your machine too, except it would be too big for my application. :D
Apples to oranges here I rekon :D
When I started looking for my purchase about 2 yrs ago, I started bigger B7510/B7610, JD4000/4100 then whittled it down. My needs were more to finish mowing, light FEL work and some rooting and grubbing to clean up some long fence rows. For my applications and price ceiling, I got enough machine in the BX23.
If you like the BX, you'll want to make sure you get one with the new style fenders. I believe there is or was an ongoing fender/floorboard cracking issue with this model.
They've corrected the issue with the cracking plastic foor pans. Course Kubota isn't the only manufacturer that utilizes plastic in their tractors :D
The BX23 never had this problem btw, it's ALL metal :D

As far as price. Well, I got a much bigger and featured tractor in the JD3120 compared to the BX for about the same price but I lose the backhoe. Yes, the BH is an option but the $8k - $9k would break the bank.
Hense one of the reasons the BX23/BX24 is a very viable machine for those that don't need a larger machine BUT have a use for a BH and don't want to break the bank :D

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #18  
Volfandt said:
They've corrected the issue with the cracking plastic foor pans. Course Kubota isn't the only manufacturer that utilizes plastic in their tractors :D
The BX23 never had this problem btw, it's ALL metal :D

Its still an issue with the BX24- just from reading the posts on this site. Sorry Deere dosent offer plastic in crictical areas such as a floor board or fenders. Denpending on the model the hood is 50% or more metal as well

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #19  
Deere has many models with plastic parts, including fenders. The 2305 has plastic fenders.

Kubota messed up with the BX24 fenders, but they addressed it immediately with a corrected design. The floorboard is metal.

/ JD 2305 vs. BX24 #20  
Renob said:
Deere has many models with plastic parts, including fenders. The 2305 has plastic fenders.

Kubota messed up with the BX24 fenders, but they addressed it immediately with a corrected design. The floorboard is metal.

Ok 2305 owners chime in here plastic or metal fenders? I can answer for at least 3 models of which I owned - 4100 series (mentioned earlier) 2320 & 2520 all a having metal fenders, floor boards, etc..