Comparison JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920
The 22k for the B2920 included the FEL, Back Hoe, thumb and my choice of tires. Without the BH and thumb the price was $16,000 out the door 0% for 60mo.

I am not two concerned about obtaining parts for the Kubota. On that note, I do worry about Kubota maintaining a store in my small town. We have one Deere and one Kubota store. The Deere store is always busy and has lots of employees. When ever I'm at the Kubota place I am always the only person looking at tractors. Although there are Kubota CUTs all over the place around here.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #12  
The 22k for the B2920 included the FEL, Back Hoe, thumb and my choice of tires. Without the BH and thumb the price was $16,000 out the door 0% for 60mo.

I am not two concerned about obtaining parts for the Kubota. On that note, I do worry about Kubota maintaining a store in my small town. We have one Deere and one Kubota store. The Deere store is always busy and has lots of employees. When ever I'm at the Kubota place I am always the only person looking at tractors. Although there are Kubota CUTs all over the place around here.

A good dealer certainly is a consideration. Our John Deere dealer is about fifteen miles away and our Kubota is about forty. We also own a John Deere and have used both shops. Our experience with the Kubota place has been far better. In all fairness, there is also another Kubota dealer we won't patronize.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #13  
I moved up from a smaller unit and the 3 speed hydro is well worth it. Use the money you save with the 2920 to get the QA from the 3200 and get the kubota forks. I have this set up and i love it. Does the JD not have a thumb available from aftermarket vendors? I looked at John Deere tractors twice and I think they are the best ZTR to buy but I think for compact tractors Kubotas are a better tractor for the money. This may change as you get up to the 50k plus units.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #14  
Couple years after you buy the Kubota are the parts going to be available ? One of the best arguements for deere is one can get parts for tractors and equipment that is 20-30 years old. How about resale ? You never know when you have to sell or want a larger machine. I noticed with the foreign made components they tend to make specialized brearings / parts so you have to go to the dealer and buy them at a higher price. No one would aftermarket them due to the limited usage. These are several reasons I didn't consider a Kubota. Have fun with the pros / cons of each and may the best suitable machine give you years of service.

I have yet to have a problem with parts for my 1988 (22yo) B1750 Kubota. I have not heard owners of older machines having issues either.

Remember also that the small JDs are certainly partially foreign (Yanmar) as well.

One thing you missed was a loader comparison - you may find the extra 300lbs / 6" lift of the Kubota useful. Likewise an extra 12" digging depth of backhoe.

Have a look at the comparisons:
http://www.kubota.com/product/B2630/pdf/B2630Comps.pdf
http://www.kubota.com/product/B2630/pdf/B30 Series Competitive Optional Implement Comparison.pdf

and the Kubota comes with a cup holder :laughing:

Seriously, I think you have picked the best two on the market and neither will disappoint.

J

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #15  
This is a win-win choice. As the others have mentioned, check the feel of each to you (weigh the other info for your situation). I wound up with the 2920, but would not feel shortchanged with the JD. For me, the biggest sacrifice going to orange was getting the 1/4 inch valve for the hitch, something I didn't know existed until I had already bought it.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #17  
Couple years after you buy the Kubota are the parts going to be available ? One of the best arguements for deere is one can get parts for tractors and equipment that is 20-30 years old. How about resale ? You never know when you have to sell or want a larger machine. I noticed with the foreign made components they tend to make specialized brearings / parts so you have to go to the dealer and buy them at a higher price. No one would aftermarket them due to the limited usage. These are several reasons I didn't consider a Kubota. Have fun with the pros / cons of each and may the best suitable machine give you years of service.

You may wish to update your perspectives.

Yes, Deere is a US based, international company, but the 2520 Deere is every bit as foreign made as the Kubota. Japanese made Yanmar. There should be virtually no parts availability difference between Orange and Green. Kubota is not the "color of the month" type tractor. The re-sale of either would be top drawer. Kubota and Deere own the top market shares in this class. I suspect the OP knows this.

To the OP- One has slight and differing feature advantages over the other, and there are ergonomic differences but either would be a great, great choice.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #18  
Having a Kubota with the brakes and HST pedal on the same side, I can tell you there is no possibility for "differential steering", it is a major oversight on the part of Kubota.

Look for a user guide or other manual on the Kubota website, it's not there. With Deere, every operator's manual I have looked for has been readily available for download - this is customer support!

Go to John Deere Home Page Redirect > Ag > Service and Support and look at the huge number of options you have. Then try Kubota.. LoL - essentially, visit your local dealer. Well that's just great, if you (still) have a local dealer.

I just looked up the blower fan part number for our 28 YO JD826 snow blower, in two minutes. I can't find a single "hard" part number for our Kubota on the Kubota website nor even view a copy of the operator's manual. Granted, Kubota does now offer P/Ns for common maintenance items, but their web-based customer support is nil compared to Deere.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #19  
Having a Kubota with the brakes and HST pedal on the same side, I can tell you there is no possibility for "differential steering", it is a major oversight on the part of Kubota.

This has been covered on other threads, but will mention it again. While "differential steering" is certainly easier on the John Deere, it is still possible on the Kubota, my son does it all the time with our L5030. I don't normally use it, but have tried it and I can do it though due to a disability my approach is unique to me.

I do agree that if "differential steering" is a priority, the John Deere setup will be much easier.

A problem I have with left foot braking is all but one of our tractors have right foot braking and driving one with left foot braking causes some problems I don't need on slopes or tight quarters.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #20  
This has been covered on other threads, but will mention it again. While "differential steering" is certainly easier on the John Deere, it is still possible on the Kubota, my son does it all the time with our L5030. I don't normally use it, but have tried it and I can do it though due to a disability my approach is unique to me.

I do agree that if "differential steering" is a priority, the John Deere setup will be much easier.

A problem I have with left foot braking is all but one of our tractors have right foot braking and driving one with left foot braking causes some problems I don't need on slopes or tight quarters.

How? Obviously you use your right foot on the HST peddle, do you use your other right foot for the brake?

The three things that pushed towards a John Deere 2520 was the position control, usable differential braking and the backhoe seat arrangement. As for the 3 speed, I am not using this for mowing duties so I am either doing heavy work or trying to get from one end of the property to the other, so a middle gear does nothing for me. If you are repositiioning the backhoe a lot, the seat arrangement is great, just push the drive seat out of the way and drop the backhoe seat. Try this on the Kubota, it is a PITA. The JD BH is not longer because of the seat, they are not back to back, the front seat has be out of the way for the backhoe seat to drop and the Kubota arrangement has to rotate and move back so no advantage on that front. The Extra weight of the JD is nice to.