Comparison JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #31  
I shopped JD, NH and Kabota when I was in the market to buy a TLB CUT.....I ended up with a JD 2520. The Kabota was the first to get eliminated....not to sound hostile, but it was due to the pedal arrangement. Hard to believe but my local JD dealer beat both the NH and Kabota on pricing....the JD is the closest to me to boot.

I don't think I would of had regrets should my choice had gone a different way.

Just let the pros/cons of each seek a priority position in your mind and decide from there....then head out to the garage and clear out a spot in preparation for delivery.:thumbsup:

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920
Right now I'm leaning towards the 2920, the 3 range transmission tugs me that way a bit. But, and this may sound kind of nutty, the thumb option on the Kubota BH is what is pulling me that way. JD does not offer the thumb as an option. :confused2:

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #33  
Couple years after you buy the Kubota are the parts going to be available ? One of the best arguements for deere is one can get parts for tractors and equipment that is 20-30 years old. How about resale ? You never know when you have to sell or want a larger machine. I noticed with the foreign made components they tend to make specialized brearings / parts so you have to go to the dealer and buy them at a higher price. No one would aftermarket them due to the limited usage. These are several reasons I didn't consider a Kubota. Have fun with the pros / cons of each and may the best suitable machine give you years of service.

Not so!!!! A couple of months ago had a JD 670 in and there was starting issues, the relay for all the safety switches was not working properly(we were the third shop) and we found that the part was not available through jd!! Yanmar doesn't use it! jd was the one who added the parts for US sales.

The main reason we took on Kubota other then it's reputation was because we deal directly with them unlike what we went through with other makes!!!!

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #34  
A question to the 2*20 Kubota folks... Can you operate a PTO implement (post hole digger) while in neutral and the operator off the tractor?

Just flip the seat forward before you engage the PTO. There is a safety switch for the seat in either position...... all the way down (with you in it), or all the way forward, resting on the wheel. In between and your tractor will think no one is aboard.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #35  
The main reason we took on Kubota other then it's reputation was because we deal directly with them unlike what we went through with other makes!!!!

wait, wait.. Art I had thought you where NH only... when did you get Kubota.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #36  
wait, wait.. Art I had thought you where NH only... when did you get Kubota.

We only have NH skids and hay tools CaseIH for complete line, Kubota since 86 and Cub Cadet/Yanmar.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920 #37  
As everyone else has said, play with them both and then choose. For me one of the big sticking points with the JD is how all the hyd hoses route out from under the right floor board, it just seems they are in the way a prone to getting snagged, maybe its not an issue at all I will let some owners chime in on it. If it wasnt for that I would most likely have a JD instead of my 2920.

/ JD 2520 vs Kubota B2920
As everyone else has said, play with them both and then choose. For me one of the big sticking points with the JD is how all the hyd hoses route out from under the right floor board, it just seems they are in the way a prone to getting snagged, maybe its not an issue at all I will let some owners chime in on it. If it wasnt for that I would most likely have a JD instead of my 2920.

I noticed that about the hoses, I was telling my wife the way those hoses are sticking out from the bottom, I would certainly snag them on something. It is one of the negative items on my 2520 positives/negatives list.