JD 4300 basket case

/ JD 4300 basket case #11  
If you already have the solenoid off, I'd pull the governor housing on the side of the injection pump to see if the fuel rack is stuck. You already completed the first step of the process by removing the solenoid. I'd bet if it has been sitting for 5 years in the weather that the fuel rack is stuck. Mine stuck after sitting inside an enclosed garage for just a little over a year. I'd by shocked if the rack in that one wasn't stuck too. Just something to think about before you put a new solenoid on only to have to remove it again to check the fuel rack or the governor linkage later.

/ JD 4300 basket case
Ill try that in the morning,,I remember helping s buddy does this to Yanmar a few yrs ago,,I still think th solenoid is bad,,I would think it should operate w hen voltage is applied to it,,I think there should be some movement inside the injector pump and its not,,I should have thought about the rack,,thanks for jogging memory

/ JD 4300 basket case #13  
I'd bet that solenoid is toast too and that is the reason someone cut the wires. If it wasn't toast before, I'd think anyone who would just start cutting wires probably fried it trying to test it. :D They probably didn't know much past that and gave up after making a mess of things. Now you are the chosen one to fix their mess. Good luck with it and keep us posted. I'd love to see you get it running again without any major issue.

Oh yea, and the JD solenoid is around $127. I just checked the price for ya.

/ JD 4300 basket case #14  
The solenoid is required for the injection pump to work.

You could check that by opening a purge location on the pump outlet and turning the engine over.

If the solenoid works you should hear a loud clack when the key is turned.