jd 4400 rear axle housing replacement HELP!!!

/ jd 4400 rear axle housing replacement HELP!!! #1  

yougotobekidinme

Tractor
4400 jd
I broke the ears off my 3 point on back of tractor jd4400 i am going to have to replace the axle housing....any tips on where to buy one at a bargain..and also anyone have any tips on this project...are there any hidden issues when takeing the housing off...i was told to undo all the bolts and the axle unit will slide right out....????? is this correct?

/ jd 4400 rear axle housing replacement HELP!!! #2  
Shouldn't be too hard. Start with Wenger's.com.

/ jd 4400 rear axle housing replacement HELP!!! #3  
I have a PDF of the Deere tech manual you're welcome to. You need to do some reading. It's just a little bit more involved that your thinking. Shoot me your email and it's on the way

Joe

/ jd 4400 rear axle housing replacement HELP!!! #4  
Not familiar with your tractor BUT, I have fabricated repairs for equipment that has been damaged when no replacement was available or too expensive.
If you can post pics of the damaged area alternative repairs might be suggested.

/ jd 4400 rear axle housing replacement HELP!!! #5  
How were they broke?:confused3: Backhoe? or ? just for my own concerns of this happening. Anyone good at Aluminum welding should be fine at taking that project on. You may want to check on a couple references if you don't know of their work. I have an ex employee who repairs aluminum engine blocks in pulling trucks/tractors. I have see some of these blocks where the connecting rods have broke and punched holes in the block and smashed the cam journals apart. The next weekend they are at the pulls running great.:)

/ jd 4400 rear axle housing replacement HELP!!! #9  
The link TCJatko provided covers your repair options.

/ jd 4400 rear axle housing replacement HELP!!!
I dont see any link profvided...do i go to TCjatko to download repair manuel?