jd 5510 hydraulics

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #21  
I also have a 5510 at 5500hrs with the powreverser and the same issue. New Clutches last year. When cold the hydraulics sometimes don稚 even respond (Steering, FEL, 3pt). It can take 5-10min to get minimal movement and still it is jerky and intermittent. Have you had luck in fixing your problem? I have changes the fluid, and filters with JD products and still the same issue. This only happens when cold though, right not the tractor is running fantastic.

JT

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #22  
Cowski,
Did you ever figure what was causing this. My 5510 has about this amount of hours on it and is doing the exact same thing. I have seen multiple posts about this issue but not the resolution. Thanks

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #23  
@txjim, there are 6-series tractors which have some kind of a feeding pump installed to feed oil to main pump.

Could this apply to those mentioned 5510' s as well?

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #24  
I couldn稚 tell you. I seen in another post where Cowski installed a John Deere filter on an it fixed. Iエbe been running a Wix. I bought a Deere filter and put it on this morning. I also tightened it up with a strap wrench. The Deere filter recommended tighten the filter 1.25 turns after hand tighten. The Wix only wanted it hand tightened. I don稚 know if it is fixed yet or not but everyone I have spoken to says the tractor is sucking air on the suction side. There is only a filter, a couple of o-rings, and some hose clamps. I hope this fixes it. I really don稚 want to get into much deeper than the filter.

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #25  
@txjim, there are 6-series tractors which have some kind of a feeding pump installed to feed oil to main pump.

Could this apply to those mentioned 5510' s as well?

5510 which has open center hyd's has 1 hyd pump for hyd accessories such as 3 pt,scv & accessories such as FEL plus a pjggy back pump for power steering. Tractors I'm familiar with with a charge pump plus high pressure pump are closed-center hyd's. i will suspect a leaking suction hose or loose hose clamp.

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #26  
When you say leaking suction hose are you thinking faulty oring? Or faulty suction tube itself. The tube is internal so I don稚 think that痴 the problem. I致e changed my filter and am still having this issue.

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #27  
my jd 5510 hydraulics this winter are slow to work when the tractor is cold.after 30 minutes they mostly work fine.during the first thirty minutes they work real jerky or do not work at all.the tractor has over 3600 hours on it. i have changed the fluid,filter and cleaned the screen.it appeared to have a little fine break material in it.anyone have any ideas?

Having the Same exact issue....tractor mechanic says that the brake lining isxwearing off clogging filter and needs new break job. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #28  
Did you ever figure out what was wrong on your tractor....doing the exact same thing with mine and was told brakes need replacing.....would appreciate any input

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #29  
Did you ever figure out what was wrong on your tractor....doing the exact same thing with mine and was told brakes need replacing.....would appreciate any input

Cut your filter open with a hacksaw and see if you have brake particles or any other foreign materials in it. My filter was clean but I was really hoping it wasn't the hydraulic pump. It turned out to be the hydraulic pump. I replaced it last winter and it worked perfectly as soon as I swapped it out. The other thing you can check before replacing the pump and it doesn't cost much of anything but time is the O-rings in the system. There are two in the Y-manifold that attaches directly to the pump on the bottom side. Also on the top side there O-rings on the out going lines. My hydraulics and power steering worked fine in the summer the only time I had an issue was when got near freezing. Best of luck.

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #30  
I'll suggest to check/clean this screen if it hasn't been checked lately

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 112