jd 5510 hydraulics

/ jd 5510 hydraulics
my tractor always worked good in the summer. when the 5510 got to 4900 hours i changed the pump , that fixed it .

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #32  
Anyone else with this issues have any solutions? has it been the pump with each of you having the same issues? My 5500 is doing the same thing.

Thinking low vis fluid would fix the issue, but don't want to change it every time the weather changes.

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #33  
adc8693
Welcome to TBN.
Have you checked hyd level & checked/cleaned screen I posted a photo of in my post #30??????? If not then you should perform those tasks.

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #34  
I have done both.

I may pull the screen again and make sure grime didn't kick up off the bottom of it. Even put a new relief valve in it (seem to help for a bit, but still doing the same thing now)

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #35  
I have a 5410 that does this exact same thing. Hydraulics work great when warm but in winter it takes about 15 minutes before they work right. Effects FEL, 3 point and steering. I also notice my right brake pedal will bleed off when holding it down when the hydraulics are hot such as baling hay. I've changed hydraulic fluid several times using regular Hy-Gard and a John Deere filter each time and cleaned screen although it was not dirty. Thinking of replacing pump but would like to make sure that is the issue before dropping that kind of money hoping it fixes the issue. Tractor has 4500 hours on it, issue started around 2800 hours

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #36  
Thorough hyd diagnostics should be performed before considering replacing hyd pump. Over the yrs many hyd pumps have been replaced only to determine that the replaced hyd pump was not the problem. I'll guess that whatever is causing hyd oil getting hot is what's contributing to faulty hyd pump operation