JD 790 has tranny problems!

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #1  

browner

Beware! The JD 790 has a tranny flaw. The gears are to light to hold up to it's 30 hp engine. I have had mine break twice and have heard this from many others as well.

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #2  
You convinced me. I will keep my Kubota! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #3  
A very smart move Wen I must say. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #4  
First I have heard of anything like this on the 790. The 790 and the transmission in it was out in the field for about decade by way of the 770, and I hadn't heard of even one problem with that machine. I would doubt that John Deere would put a product out that had a major defect and not do something about it. Please give us more information on the problem, and also if you have contacted John Deere (personally or through your dealer) about the problem.

msig.gif

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #5  
Aw, c'mon, Muhammad - you mean we have to be fair to everybody? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #7  
Muhammad,

Your viewpoint is a refreshing change to the assumptions without evidence responses! Thanks for keeping the board on the right track! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #8  
Del, lucky Mark wasn't on at 1:41 AM last night to counter-attack...

BTW, I think a good idea would be to sign in and state which oil y'all use - it gets confusing trying to keep up with exactly who jumped on the Amsoil wagon, etc! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #9  
Muhummad - Er, you didn't mean me, too, did you? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #10  
Del, I'm not 'banishing' you anywhere. Without Amsoil in that tractor, you'll be back to using a scythe before long without any help from me. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark