JD 790 has tranny problems!

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #31  
JimBinMI - I was once told by someone who is a contributing editor to an industry trade rag and should know that Kubota sells more CUT tractors than everybody else combined. I asked a Kubota bigwheel not too long after and all he would say was "Well, I don't think we sell that many...", but he wouldn't discuss it. I found it a little hard to believe that they had that much marketshare myself. It's a cinch that they sell more than anybody else, but I don't know about more that everybody else.

Mark

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #32  
Mark,

What's sad to me is that in this great country, we can't make a compact totally American that can compete. It could be Red, White and Blue with a hint of Orange in remote places. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I know there's all kinds of reasons, costs of labor being high on the list.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #34  
JimBinMI - We're thinking parallel thoughts this evening (scary, ain't it?) - see my post replying to Stan's question re Kubota vs. JD.

It is very much a shame, as you say. I really wish JD or Ford would do so. As silly as it sounds, I've said many times before that it would mean enough to me to have the benefit of the nostalgic memorabilia (t-shirts, toys, sign replicas, etc.) to change brands, if the tractor really was better quality and made domestically. But the quality has to be there first. And, at this point, I don't think they're engineered as well. I don't think it's worth arguing with someone over, but I'm convinced enough personally that it determines what I buy.

Mark

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #35  
Kubota Market Share

At one time I think Kubota had over 50% as in Kubota vs. the world; Kubota wins. But now, the last number I got was something around 38% of the under-40 horsepower market being Kubota tractors.

msig.gif

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #36  
Re: Kubota Market Share

Muhammad,

Any reason for the loss of market share? Where would we get actual numbers to compare the brands? If only from manufacturers then we would have to trust their numbers!

With Kubota being smaller as a corporation than the mighty CNH, they should have a greater market share, they can focus on the sale of smaller units where CNH makes bigger money on bigger units!?

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #37  

Well, I see you got your blue back, posting in a Green topic, and asking questions about Kubota. Thats about as all around as it gets. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #38  

Muhammad, The statistics are always appreciated! Always wanted to know more of the sales figures for Kubota, JD, and NH and maybe a couple of others. I have seen the data before for some manufacturers grouped in HP ranges that were very interesting. Post anything that you find. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #39  

Well those numbers weren't from Kubota, I don't think... I'm trying to track down some actual recent year compact tractor sales numbers. Don't worry, I will post them for sure, if and when I find the correct figures.

msig.gif

/ JD 790 has tranny problems! #40  
Re: Warning on JD 790 Transmission

browner has also posted his warning on CTB, I have emailed him for details. Hopefully they will be forthcoming. Halsey Green