JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota?

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #21  
A dealer makes a ton of difference. I shopped JD and Kubota last year for a CUT. Compared everything and test drove. I favored the JD because of ergonomics, but was open to both. But, when I compared financing and incentives, the JD was significantly cheaper - and the JD dealer has a better service department. Easy choice. Note in the postings here the number people upset with a tractor who attribute the problem to the dealer.

Pick a good dealer and you'll always be happier.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #22  
A dealer makes a ton of difference. I shopped JD and Kubota last year for a CUT. Compared everything and test drove. I favored the JD because of ergonomics, but was open to both. But, when I compared financing and incentives, the JD was significantly cheaper - and the JD dealer has a better service department. Easy choice. Note in the postings here the number people upset with a tractor who attribute the problem to the dealer.

Well said... and very, very true! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #23  

It is very true but sadly in the UK and here i have found all JD dealers tend to have the "holier than though" arrogance as do CAT . Case IH dealers tend to be the biggest and generally the best on most counts . But my best barters with salesmen are always at MF dealers .

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #24  
If you read many posts related to dealer issues or locations, you will realize how lucky you are to have both so close. To many tractor shoppers, they are lucky to have a tractor brand of choice within 20 or 30 miles. So, I wouldn't sweat one dealer being across town. If you are in the dealership that frequently, there is a problem, anyway. Most folks only visit the dealer for warranty or parts/supplies, and that isn't too frequently, hopefully. So, the travel wouldn't be an issue. Like so many others said, the quality of the dealer, your preferences, and the final price should determine which one, not the location (since they are both so close to you).

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #25  
When is the last time you have seen a Green tractor behind a contractors or plumber truck. I my area maybe 20 years. These are the guys who use them and abuse them every day. Used to be nothing but Kubota but now seeing a lot more Kioti. I do think JD is in the running for big stuff 100 HP plus. Just my thoughts.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #26  

I was trading in a JD 595 diesel garden tractor I believe, toward a upgraded diesel JD X740. Supposedly the same tractor, sort of. I went to my local JD dealer and he wanted $6000 to boot. I then went to the JD dealer my neighbor bragged about and he wanted $6000 to boot. I went to another JD dealer and guess what; $6000 to boot. It must be rigged.

On the way home from a town 30 miles away I stopped at yet another JD dealer and he wanted $2800 to boot. I picked it up the next day. The moral of the story is, all JD dealers aren't the same and their circumstance at any particular time aren't either. They may have a glut of your trade it and don't need anymore of them, so they will hold the line.

A couple months later I shopped for a CUT and looked at a few dealers and ended up getting one out of state to save a thousand or so. The local dealer never made an issue in any repair work with me either, and I figure I can use the thousand more than they can.

But I was pricing Kubota and I was on the lot and in the show room and all he could say is, I don't have that size in, or we should be getting some in sometime. We have this little bitty BX something and the bigger ones are sort of the same. Do you want to buy one? They must think their orange tractors sell themselves. The Kubota dealers I went to didn't show me much. Maybe because I had a John Deere hat or coat on??

If I am interested in a John Deere tractor, I never had to wait for a salesman longer than what I want to. Sometimes I go out and look at all the different sizes, and they usually have a good selection to choose from, and when I want more information, I go in and get a salesman. I don't need them hounding me and most of the time at half a dozen dealers I go to, they always seem pretty good to deal with.

Although a fairly local JD dealer handles Kubota and John Deere, when I was there I remember he was pushing Kubota. I know they are good, but I like John Deere's better.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #27  
When is the last time you have seen a Green tractor behind a contractors or plumber truck. I my area maybe 20 years. These are the guys who use them and abuse them every day. Used to be nothing but Kubota but now seeing a lot more Kioti. I do think JD is in the running for big stuff 100 HP plus. Just my thoughts.
Around here I bet 75% of the tractors behind trucks are John Deere. The next most popular is Kubota and third is New Holland. Around here anymore even most of your lawn mowers are Deere especially when they came out with the cheaper models they sell at Lowes. There is 5 John Deere dealerships in any direction no more than an hour away. New Holland as of the past two years has two dealerships. Kubota has four dealerships and two of those are actually Case IH dealerships that are selling Kubota on the side. The 3rd is really small place and the forth is a New Holland dealership that is selling Kubota on the side. New Holland compact tractors have lost allot of sales to Kubota. There is one Kioti dealer here and its a sideline and has maybe three tractors. Only one Agco/Massey Ferguson dealer within an hour. We have one Mahindra dealer and he is about an hour away. I have one Tym dealer about a half hour away. I'm sure Kioti, Tym, Mahindra all make a good product. Just seems like around here though the small names don't seem to hang around for real long. I know many of these places will offer a brand for a year or two and then the dealer either closes are switches to another brand. I think Kubota,New Holland/Case Ih,Deere, and Agco/Massey Ferguson are the safest around here anyway that you can feel like you can get parts and support for several years from now.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #28  
Test drive and research all brands with respectable dealers within your comfort radius. I would then make an educated decision solely on that . Chances are you are not going to be spending much time at any dealership after the purchase. I may be lucky but never have been back for any warranty work. I just go back to buy filters. I definitely wouldn't pass on my favorite tractor because one dealer seems a little nicer. I won't be driving my dealer every day but will be my tractor. Lol.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #29  
Seems like i have had to have a little warranty work done no matter what the brand.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #30  
I wouldn't think too much about the distances you are talking about. I have a 2004 JD 2210 and a 2010 JD 2520. Neither of them have ever been to the shop. I have stopped by to pick up filters and that is it. I would find what you like and go with that. And no matter what it is shop around for a few quotes. My closes JD dealer quoted me almost $5k more on the 2520 and a couple of implements than a dealer about an hour away. Gave local chance to match and he said no, dealer an hour away through in free delivery and free pick up and drop off if there are any warranty work.

Shop around and take your time, find the brand model that is what you like.