JD CT322 Hydaulic leak

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak #1  

ColdBlackWind

Tractor
Farmtrac 60
I am trying to locate a major hyd leak on this machine. It dumped all the hyd fluid out in the belly pan and after raising cab I can’t find a busted hose or fitting. Any suggestions on how to t-shoot? The only thing I know to do is fill reservoir and lower cab in order to spin the motor hoping I can open it back up and find the leak.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak #2  
Is there no option to spin the motor with cab and floor pan removed? Not sure how else to find the leak.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak
Is there no option to spin the motor with cab and floor pan removed? Not sure how else to find the leak.
I have had that suggested. I am not well versed on the interlocks in the hydraulic system that prevents any function from working until parking brake is disengaged. I was going to use a remote start button and try to spin the motor with cab up. Just don’t want it to mov because the control levers with the cab up are all the way forward.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak #4  
Cold
Not sure either on how the interlocks work on that unit. If Joysticks are not in neutral position it may try to move.

Maybe try putting less than 5 PSI air pressure in reservoir to see if oil bubbles out anywhere. Just be careful so don’t go over 5 PSI or you could damage something.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak
Cold
Not sure either on how the interlocks work on that unit. If Joysticks are not in neutral position it may try to move.

Maybe try putting less than 5 PSI air pressure in reservoir to see if oil bubbles out anywhere. Just be careful so don’t go over 5 PSI or you could damage something.
Yes sir. Going to try easiest path first. I can lower cab and crank it over briefly, raise cab and look. If nothing else it will probably eliminate some areas. Hard to believe I can’t see whatever busted. It drained the entire reservoir in a minute. We did hear a loud pop so I know it is something big. Hopefully it is a hose and not a valve or the pump.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak #6  
If you heard a "pop", raise the cab and carefully feel around on any accessible lines for busted wires sticking out of the rupture.
Have you dropped the belly pans and inspected?

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak #7  
What were you doing when you heard the pop?

Would suspect one of the high pressure drive hoses or implement pressure hose if drained that quick. Both are most likely a real pain to access and change.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak
We heard the pop while my son was bumping the left control stick in forward direction at idle. I was prying the track up onto the forward idler. Immediately heard gushing of oil in the pan. I have felt all the hoses I can access for exactly what was mentioned. The machine is in the mud. In the woods and I can’t raise it using bucket because of no hydraulics 😞. I did remove the guards on the left side drive motor but haven’t found a leak there either. I wish I had thought of using air pressure in reservoir before I refilled it. Probably could have found air leak pretty quickly.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak #9  
Sounds like typical break down location of away from buildings and in the mud…

From what you are describing I would suspect left side drive hose but could be something else. If it is a drive hose it will leak without moving due to charge pump supplying oil to that line. Have replaced hoses on couple different skid steers and they were a pain to work on.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak
I replaced a hose to right hand drive early on. Less than 900 hours. Chafed on window through belly pan to drive motor. Just bugs me that I can’t find this one. I will get it. All the suggestions are appreciated.