JD CT322 Hydaulic leak

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak
Found the leak. Left drive motor hyd hose. It was in a 90 degree bend and pressed against the belly pan. I couldn’t get my hand under it when I was feeling for a rupture. Not an easy fix but in the grand scheme of things it could have been worse.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak
Good job!
Let the cussing begin. 😄
Yes sir. Did the other side a few years back. Wasn’t easy. I do like knowing what is wrong so I can get started getting it back going instead of searching for the problem.

Last edited:
   / JD CT322 Hydaulic leak
What were you doing when you heard the pop?

Would suspect one of the high pressure drive hoses or implement pressure hose if drained that quick. Both are most likely a real pain to access and change.
Good call. After starting it for a few seconds I could hear the leak due to the air in the lines. I popped the cab up and was able to see oil running down the pan. The hose busted on bottom side where it was pressed against the pan. I had a torn a tendon on my right middle finger which was splinted and wrapped so I was operating one handed and just missed it on my earlier attempts.

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak #15  
Glad you got it fixed. Skid steers feel like working on tangled spaghetti in a sardine tin..

/ JD CT322 Hydaulic leak
2249E037-A5A5-4D42-A803-51E76C5F14E8.jpeg52328DBB-9C67-482B-9D7A-C76BD1CA1A4F.jpeg405C9E2B-4CD6-4B6F-8C10-D5D3C14B5F5A.jpeg
Thought I would share this. Got the hose off this morning. No problem actually. Had a new hose made up locally. I told the folks there what my problem was around the hose bearing against the steel floor pan. They sold me some neat hose guards to try. The hose was also showing signs of wear where it lays between the two other hoses that run to the drive motor. We put a sleeve on it to help that. I have attached pics of old hose and new hardware.