JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #11  
Go for it!! We're happy with our Bota. You will be happy with yours too!! :thumbsup:

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #12  
Don't mean to be the downer amongst everyone, but at $16k owed, it wouldn't surprise me if you're almost "upside down" on trade value... a 2520 should be pretty easily sold on craigslist, etc. even considering the difficulty with buying used tractors at favorable rates. Just like a car, you can always roll the financing into the new tractor, be it a Kubota, Deere or otherwise. But, it's likely to be a pretty painful moment to hear what the dealer's likely to give you.

At a minimum, I'd think you'd be better off pulling the mid-mount mower off and selling it on your own in April. That's a pricey item new (you should know best!) and has broad appeal to 2320, 2520 and 2720 owners alike.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....
Don't mean to be the downer amongst everyone, but at $16k owed, it wouldn't surprise me if you're almost "upside down" on trade value... a 2520 should be pretty easily sold on craigslist, etc. even considering the difficulty with buying used tractors at favorable rates. Just like a car, you can always roll the financing into the new tractor, be it a Kubota, Deere or otherwise. But, it's likely to be a pretty painful moment to hear what the dealer's likely to give you.

At a minimum, I'd think you'd be better off pulling the mid-mount mower off and selling it on your own in April. That's a pricey item new (you should know best!) and has broad appeal to 2320, 2520 and 2720 owners alike.

Yep.... talked with the local Kubota dealer today and they wanted to give me 13k for mine(kinda figured) and wanted 29,??? something for a 3540 cab and loader. I cant remember exactally what the price was on the 3540 but he said why not go with the 3540 for a few hundred more. As of right now they are still working on prices for me so im just waiting to hear back from them.
Anyway I was just feeling my options and gettin some info casue ive never done somthing like this.
Thanks for all the reply's fellas and ill keep ya'll updated on things!

On a good note they had a 5940 with a cab there and let me test drive it, only got to run it for like 2mins before it ran out of fuel!! Really nice 2mins though!!!:laughing:

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #14  
A farmer friend of mine went from green to orange a few yrs ago. It was a painless process. :laughing:

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #15  
If you go thru with it go for the 3540 imho. After purchasing mine i was pleased to find out reading the owners manual that it had quite a few motor pluses such as a larger cooling system, bigger battery etc in addition to a few extra hp... I wish i had more on my htsc-3. That price seems about right, make sure to get all of your options from the get go so you can include them in the 0.0 financing.

Well I havent hear back from the dealer, last I talked with him he was gonna see if they could give me more for my tractor and to work more on the price of the 3520 but Id say they wont give me enough to pay mine off, Oh well if I cant do it now ill just wait awhile longer. Only thing is he told me the 0% only last till end of year!:(

Man the more a look at these Kubota's the more I like em. Id really like to take a longer test drive to get a better feel of the tractor.

Just thought id fill ya in alittle...

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #17  
Well I havent hear back from the dealer, last I talked with him he was gonna see if they could give me more for my tractor and to work more on the price of the 3520 but Id say they wont give me enough to pay mine off, Oh well if I cant do it now ill just wait awhile longer. Only thing is he told me the 0% only last till end of year!:(

Man the more a look at these Kubota's the more I like em. Id really like to take a longer test drive to get a better feel of the tractor.

Just thought id fill ya in alittle...

I wouldn't worry too much as they said the same thing last year; don't rush into anything.

I wouldn't worry too much as they said the same thing last year; don't rush into anything.

Yeah they will have other deal's, Im selling my four wheeler that I dont ride any more so maybe that will help abit. My wife would like to get a RVT or the like so I wont be needing my four wheeler. But im not gonna rush things like you said and take my time and make sure I get a good deal.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #19  

I 2ND that, they will always have lines to feed ya. Patients Grasshopper Patients. Wish I had taken this advice a year ago.

I 2ND that, they will always have lines to feed ya. Patients Grasshopper Patients. Wish I had taken this advice a year ago.

ME TOO.... I kinda rushed into my JD but I do really like this tractor for its size and bought it with the intentions of trading to a bigger one, I just want to move to a bigger tractor with a cab. Im 31 and have some elderly neighbors that I wanna help out during the winter months plus family all with in driving distance so I kinda got really cold last winter! :thumbsup: