JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #31  
I have actually seen more than one Kubota with problems. Each fall and spring there is a huge equipment sale in my area. You can count on more than a dozen compacts... mostly Kubota, Kiote, Mahindra... probably 1 0r 2 Deere.I have even seen some " knock off " Kubotas ( maybe grey market ) that are extremely hard to get parts for. It doesn't bother me as I really don't want one. To me it looks as if owners want out or dealers had them too long and are willing to pay the 12% fee to auction them off.
Another thought might be the belief that Deere is made in the USA vs Orange which is Japanese. As far as I know their plants may be side by side but the less Japanese I buy the better I feel. I can't get a job there and they certainly are taking ours.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #32  
Well I have run into NLA with Deere alot with regards to their frontmount mowers. Can't say I am real impressed with that. I have no idea what their compact tractors are like when they get old for parts availability. I think any of the mainline companies will be better for parts than any Korean or Indian made ones.
If someone can show me a machine that never breaks or needs parts:laughing: let me know because I will buy it.:laughing:

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #33  
We have had three John Deeres and all were made in Japa, When shopping for an 80 HP model the Kubota was made in Japan and the John Deere in India. I really don't see how buying a John Deere is helping keep American jobs.

And yes, I have seen more than one John Deere with problems, but they are still good tractors.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....
So your present payment is a little high with 16k left on the note. You want to add the difference ( what they give you plus what you owe ) to a 34k plus machine making it over 40k with tax. Something tells me you need better math skills because your payment would double. You have no choice but to use the Deere and pay it off before you go shopping. Then at this point look for a used kubota. My local dealer has a dozen of them for sale in the 29-45 hp range. ( course the dealer has 9 locations ). Tractors are nice but it is nothing to put you in broke or losing your home over.
Advertise the Deere in spring with and without the attachments. Plenty of customers out there looking to save a buck on a loader or mower plus it lowers the price of the tractor. I bought my 4110 bare.... then added attachments as needed and at good below retail prices. I hate paying finance charges when they give me nothing for savings. Hope things work out to your advantage.
* Pay close attention to resale values, Deere vs Kubota.

I never said my current payment is alittle high......
I see what your saying and thats why I came on here and asked for advise. Ive never done something like this and my math skills are fine, all I said was Id like to keep my payment close to what mine is now, and Kubota quoted me $29,100 on the 3540 with a cab and the 724 loader so that kinda cheaper than the $40k you mentioned. My payment was gonna be $525 (with 3k down) witch I can afford without strapping myself.
Im just gonna hold off for awhile and get a better deal later on.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #35  
Good luck and hope you find the right tractor and price.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....
Good luck and hope you find the right tractor and price.

Thanks man!! I called the JD dealer I bought mine from and he quoted me $35,890 for a Cab 3520 with the loader and RFM, the Kubota L3540 came in at $29,100 without a RFM...... I HIGHLY dout a RFM cost almost $7,000!:laughing:

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #37  
Thanks man!! I called the JD dealer I bought mine from and he quoted me $35,890 for a Cab 3520 with the loader and RFM, the Kubota L3540 came in at $29,100 without a RFM...... I HIGHLY doubt a RFM cost almost $7,000!:laughing:

That would have to be one very nice RFM.:laughing:

I am really not all that familiar with the John Deere though; sure someone else will chime in with a good reason for the disparity in price.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #38  
I looked closely at Deere 3520s and 3720s, and Kubota 3540s and 3940s. The prices varied between dealers, the Deere's ran just a bit higher, about 1500 or so. The 3940 was only a bit more than the 3540.

The bottom line for me, the Kubota's weighed about 850 pounds more. Many folks reported the Deere's in this series were much tippier than the Kubotas.

I really wanted the 3940, but it is too tall, as it wouldn't really go through an 8 foot garage door.

I have no brand loyalty at all. The 3540hstc won out because i truly believe it was the best choice.

The used tractors didn't save much money over a new one, and if you were financing, virtually a loss.