JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #71  
JD 2210 Main axle front u joint -- trying to locate grease fittings. I attached a few pics after cleaning up the front u joint.
Pics are showing side away from engine except image 2127 (the 2nd pic). Can anyone identify where the grease fittings should be?

See attachments for photos please.

Attachments

• IMG_2125.jpg
    IMG_2125.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2137.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
   / JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #72  
Spoke to previous owner and he replaced them about 50 hours before I bought the tractor. He said no zerk fittings on the u joints.

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease
They'll run 400hrs or so that way. If you ever replace them get Precision brand joints with zerk in a cap.

Hope your tractor serves you well. Mine sure has. Approaching 900hrs.

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #74  
Mine has 1175 hrs and running strong. One small leak to fix on the bucket ram. Maybe next week!

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #75  
Just looking at parts online and JD wants $86.00 each and Kubota wants $38.00 each. I want to get some with a zerk fitting. Still looking.
Steve

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease #76  
Hey All,
I just want to express my gratitude for this thread and each contribution to it. I read every word a dozen times to make sure I understood it correctly. I am so relieved to somehow have found this thread.
I looked for 2 weeks for the source of the racket without luck. It sounded like a fan hitting a shroud. After finding this information, I took my tractor apart the next morning. It took me much longer than 6 hours though. Probably 2.5 times that.
I have 671 hours on my 2210.
Anyways, your write up is helping people 10 years later. By the way, the JD dealer wanted over $100 a piece for the spider in 2020. Thanks to mikerind for the NAPA part number. Still $22 with the grease fitting on the end!
Thanks again

/ JD2210 upper driveshaft service/grease
Hey All,
I just want to express my gratitude for this thread and each contribution to it. I read every word a dozen times to make sure I understood it correctly. I am so relieved to somehow have found this thread.
I looked for 2 weeks for the source of the racket without luck. It sounded like a fan hitting a shroud. After finding this information, I took my tractor apart the next morning. It took me much longer than 6 hours though. Probably 2.5 times that.
I have 671 hours on my 2210.
Anyways, your write up is helping people 10 years later. By the way, the JD dealer wanted over $100 a piece for the spider in 2020. Thanks to mikerind for the NAPA part number. Still $22 with the grease fitting on the end!
Thanks again

Welcome to TBN.

There is a wealth of excellent informational threads on this website.

Glad this thread helped you. Also glad you found that "racket" before your tractor spit out the driveshaft and cost you a lot of money!!!! :)