JD2555 owner and shop manual

/ JD2555 owner and shop manual #1  

roscoe7803

Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST with cab
In the process of buying a JD 2555 according to the serial # it was produced in 1987 in Mannheim. It is an estate sale so i am trying to figure out a few things. type of transmission? It has 3400 hours and was stored inside. Is this a collar shift ?

Thanks
1697029452967.png

/ JD2555 owner and shop manual #3  
Look under the hood and see if it has a turbo. If it has the turbo I'm 99% sure it is the synchro 8 speed dry clutch transmission. If no turbo it should be the non synchro 8 speed dry clutch.
The collar shift is the non synchro. There was a deluxe and a standard version of the tractor if I remember correctly.

The syncro the shift levers are exactly the same but it allows a synchronized shift from forward to reverse between low range and reverse as well as synchronized shifts between gears in the range.

Hell of a good tractor either way. You can't buy anything in this class built this heavy anymore.

Last edited:
   / JD2555 owner and shop manual #4  
Odd it has wrong Deere emblem on steering wheel. Have you confirmed hour meter is working? They must have it cleaned up really good........or repaint. Estate sale or auction? If all correct that would push the $20,000 mark pending what all included with it(loader attachments). A tractor that nice deserves more pictures.

Copy and pasted.

The JD 2555 was made in two different price packages. The cheaper units was made to compete with the cheaper Ford and MF tractors.

The JD 2555 price fighter was non turboed, stamped steel wheels, flange and cheaper SCV valve, and the Power assisted steering.

The premium JD 2555 was turboed, Cast steel wheel hubs, rack and pinion axles. Full hydrostatic power steering, Top shaft Synchronized (TSS) transmission, and Deluxe SCV values with float.

/ JD2555 owner and shop manual #5  
For type transmission check trans ID tag

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-12 090017.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 090017.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 49
   / JD2555 owner and shop manual #6  
Odd it has wrong Deere emblem on steering wheel. Have you confirmed hour meter is working? They must have it cleaned up really good........or repaint. Estate sale or auction? If all correct that would push the $20,000 mark pending what all included with it(loader attachments). A tractor that nice deserves more pictures.
May I ask what you think is incorrect about steering wheel emblem?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-12 090349.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 090349.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 56
   / JD2555 owner and shop manual #7  
TX Jim
LOL, it is upside down. ;);)

/ JD2555 owner and shop manual #8  
   / JD2555 owner and shop manual #10  
Try again and if you still not sure I will post a picture of the correct one.
After closer inspection one emblem has frt legs forward & other emblem has frt legs folded back.