JD2555 owner and shop manual

/ JD2555 owner and shop manual #11  
If the decal is correct for shift pattern, it has the TSS transmission. The collar shift had 3 & 4 reversed from what this decal is showing. The steering wheel emblem is newer than the tractor. that style was used after year 2000. I am sure it was replaced at some point. Many of them cracked and got ugly on open station tractors.

/ JD2555 owner and shop manual #12  
I would take the steering wheel cover replacement as a good sign that the previous owner likely took good care of their equipment as they cared enough to spend money on cosmetic pieces

/ JD2555 owner and shop manual #13  
If the decal is correct for shift pattern, it has the TSS transmission. The collar shift had 3 & 4 reversed from what this decal is showing. The steering wheel emblem is newer than the tractor. that style was used after year 2000. I am sure it was replaced at some point. Many of them cracked and got ugly on open station tractors.
With so few hours and from what picture we have appears to be stored inside. Just seemed odd as I have had or have 2-2440, 2350, 2355, 2-2750 all open all double plus the hours all spending many of those hours working in adverse weather all with the original steering cap intact.
I would take the steering wheel cover replacement as a good sign that the previous owner likely took good care of their equipment as they cared enough to spend money on cosmetic pieces
Yes caught my attention because I am such a stickler for original that if I replaced it would have been the right one.

I guess my point being, it is the incorrect one no matter what way you want to look at it. Brush it off or look deeper. If I was the one looking at the tractor I would want an answer as to why. Did it simply break and that's what it was replaced with or was a repair done that required the removal of the steering wheel. Then I would want a more detailed description of said repair. I guess just the way I look at used tractors. It was the first thing that caught my attention that made me start questioning all aspects of tractor. Sure would like to see more pictures of this tractor. Not often low hour ones come around.