JD445 - snowblower

/ JD445 - snowblower #11  
Caretaker, thanks for responding. If I understand correctly when you want to go back to using the loader you have to completly remove(unbolt)the mounting brackets, not a big deal. I've been trying to learn how much wrenching time is involved to swap back and forth. Dealers I've been to see haven't sold or installed any, so they really couldn't say. I have been thinking about getting the front blade for some light dirt work. They're certainly some great attachments.

/ JD445 - snowblower #12  
DFB, pls pardon that long dissertation for a simple "no" ! You're correct, when I go back to using the FEL, I disconnect the quick-tach hitch hyd. lines, unlock & remove the quic-tach hitch, and then remove the quick-tach hitch bracket w/drive shaft. Now that I've done it a time or two, it takes less than 2 or 3 minutes. Everything is quick-connect pins, links, etc. - no wrenches necessary. The implements for the quick-tach hitch use two fixed pins, and two pull-out captive pins. To remove an implement just pull out & turn two captive pins, and disconnect the implement's PTO shaft if reqr'd. Then, when you lower the hitch, the hitch unhooks from two fixed pins on the implement. It appears that if the hitch BRACKET were slightly modified, the bracket (but not the quick-tach hitch itself) could be left on while using the FEL. When you pull the handle to lock the FEL on, the quick-tach hitch bracket just barely interferes - looks like less than an inch removed would let the FEL lock clear it. I've considering modifying the bracket, but honestly it's so easy to remove and install that there's not much justification. I am planning on fabricating some dollies for the bracket & quick-tach hitch, just to make them easy to move around and line up. I've used the front blade for both snowplowing and moving material (dirt and 1/2" washed stone) The front blade has a spring trip that lets the top of the blade flip forward if you hit something while snowplowing. There is a pin that locks the blade (does not let it trip) for use when grading. There are two small adjustable skid shoes that also work as a parking stand. Hope that helps, and let me know if I can give you any other info. One last thought: an aftermarket blade might be available for the 410 loader. I have the 410loader with a 48" bucket, and I also got the pallet fork attachment for the loader. Talk about easy to change! The hardest part of switching between the pallet forks and the bucket is getting off the tractor to remove/install the lock pins. I got the quick-tach hitch because I needed the broom and snowblower, and the blade was kind of thrown in for free. Dave Wells

/ JD445 - snowblower #13  
Caretaker, that part about getting the blade for free sure sounds like a sweet deal to me./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I've gotten some quotes on hydraulic snowplow blades that mount on the loader arms. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif The dealer I saw most recently mentioned fixed blade to use in place of the bucket. Didn't seem to know much about it though. Anyways thanks again. I appreciate all the info. It seems that the presence of 4100 owners is increasing on this board. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ JD445 - snowblower #14  
I also have a 300-400' gravel driveway and mow about 4 acres and recently traded in my 445 for a 4100. My 445 w/chains and blower was a little underpowered and would frequently get stuck. The 4100 offered more torque, 4WD, and independent rear brakes which has made it unstoppable (so far). As a bonus my 445 snowblower also fit on my 4100, with a different Quicktatch of course. As far as mowing goes I haven't gotten to use it much, but what I have mowed, it work excellent. I also had the loader for my 445, the 410 on the 4100 makes it look like a toy. I would never go back to the 400 series again.

/ JD445 - snowblower #15  
aondre,
Welcome a board and jump right in with both feet..your going to love what goes on here. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif