JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG
The thermostart is OEM on my tractor, I buy it brand new, and it have glow plug to, all of those are working just fine. My problem is that no fuel is going to the thermostart because the solenoid valve on the line going to the termostart is not working and I cant find a part number for it, I look in my parts manual but i find nothing and the JINMA dealer cant see it in is book.
If somebody here have any info about how or were to get that part it will help me. Thanks

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #12  
The thermostart is OEM on my tractor, I buy it brand new, and it have glow plug to, all of those are working just fine. My problem is that no fuel is going to the thermostart because the solenoid valve on the line going to the termostart is not working and I cant find a part number for it, I look in my parts manual but i find nothing and the JINMA dealer cant see it in is book.
If somebody here have any info about how or were to get that part it will help me. Thanks

Art, can you post a picture of your solenoid valve please?

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #13  
My DF has a manifold heater as you describe. When I first got it was hard starting in the winter. I switched the wire to the glow plug buss bar which was not connected and I had my glow plugs operational from the key switch as designed. I think when these are made there isn't consideration for really cold winters, the manifold heater was enough. The wire was a heavy gauge and have had no problems with blowing fuses. With the GP's it will start easliy at -10C and even had -20C. without being plugged in. I have a block heater as well which I have not had to use too much. See if you have gp's and try to switch it.

Dave

sel.jpgsel.jpgThere a picture of the selenoid valve.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #15  
The funny thing is that I cant find any information about thermostart on JINMA tractor on the net, I wonder why????

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #17  
The stock glowplug wiring is not all that great on the 254, I think underperforming glow plugs are a common issue on these tractors. Better wiring to the glowplugs makes a huge difference, and with working glowplugs the cold weather starting really improves...

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #18  
The funny thing is that I cant find any information about thermostart on JINMA tractor on the net, I wonder why????

There have been discussions on other Chinese tractor websites. Also, Jinma and other Chinese tractors can't call them "Thermo-Start" for obvious reasons, so they don't name them at all. Used to have one of their earlier systems on a Cummins engine only it used a hand pump like your priming pump built into the dashboard.

I will instale new wiring and relay for the glow plug for sure and i am going to make the thermostart work as well. I see that the yanmar tractor have thermostart but there system have no selenoid valve, they have an little metal ball inside the thermostart that it come loose with the heat and let the fuel flow, I think I will retrofite my tractor with that model. I am going to dig more into that and let you know the result. Thanks

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #20  
It will also help considerably to install a relay in your starter solenoid circuit.