JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #22  
Reading and guessing a bit, but could that solenoid not be the fuel shut off? if it is and with our -25 deg weather and possible fuel gelling the solenoid may simply be iced closed.

Today on a B21 gelling was so bad that the filter collapsed and had to be replaced. (it looked like a 1" X 3" white wax candle)

Think he should check the filter and maybe use a hair drier to warm up the solenoid.

Also perhaps add some anti gel to his fuel.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #23  
Question for OP, how do you know the Sol is NOT working>?

Typically on these flame heat systems the key had/has to be in the GLOW (heat) pos for a while to get the glow plug HOT. Then when you go to the engine crank key pos the key sends 12 volts to that coil opening the solenoid and when cranking the fuel from the fuel pump goes into there hitting the hot plug and ignites. The fuel is very small amount & burns out quickly. Some of the problems seen are that the Glow Plug often is only powered when in H (Heat) position and cools off instead of igniting the fuel sprayed onto it. That is when they dont work, I would check the amp draw of the glow plug and ALL 3 of the other glow plugs, each should start out around 10 amps draw. & if you OHM then they are about 1.1 or 1.2 OHMS to ground. Check for power at the COIL and at the GLOW PLUG when in H and in Crank of the KEY. Be sure to have help and keep tractor out of gear & be safe.

Mark

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG
Reading and guessing a bit, but could that solenoid not be the fuel shut off? if it is and with our -25 deg weather and possible fuel gelling the solenoid may simply be iced closed.

Today on a B21 gelling was so bad that the filter collapsed and had to be replaced. (it looked like a 1" X 3" white wax candle)

Think he should check the filter and maybe use a hair drier to warm up the solenoid.

Also perhaps add some anti gel to his fuel.

I am 100% sure, this selonoid valve is to provide fuel to the thermostart, to shut off the engine its a cable n that model

Thanks!

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG
Question for OP, how do you know the Sol is NOT working>?

Typically on these flame heat systems the key had/has to be in the GLOW (heat) pos for a while to get the glow plug HOT. Then when you go to the engine crank key pos the key sends 12 volts to that coil opening the solenoid and when cranking the fuel from the fuel pump goes into there hitting the hot plug and ignites. The fuel is very small amount & burns out quickly. Some of the problems seen are that the Glow Plug often is only powered when in H (Heat) position and cools off instead of igniting the fuel sprayed onto it. That is when they dont work, I would check the amp draw of the glow plug and ALL 3 of the other glow plugs, each should start out around 10 amps draw. & if you OHM then they are about 1.1 or 1.2 OHMS to ground. Check for power at the COIL and at the GLOW PLUG when in H and in Crank of the KEY. Be sure to have help and keep tractor out of gear & be safe.

Mark

I already do some test and when I crank the engine the glow plug or the termostart get nothing, they are powered only when the switch is in the H position. I was thinking to modify the wiring so the plug are powered when the switch is in the H position or when I crank the engine. Maybe this will help for cold start....

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #26  
What si going to be the purpose of that relay install inline with my starter solenoid.

This reduces the inrush load on the key switch and provides a better circuit path between the key switch and starter solenoid. Larger machines have this feature.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #27  
That thermostart system sounds like a accident waiting to happen, especially on that small tractor. I would agree if the Glowplugs are working, it shouldn't be needed down to around 35. Below that a dipstick or block heater sounds like a better idea.
I started mine in 30 degree or less weather last week. It started on the 3 rd attempt.

/ JINMA 254 Air duck GLOW PLUG #28  
That thermostart system sounds like a accident waiting to happen, especially on that small tractor. I would agree if the Glowplugs are working, it shouldn't be needed down to around 35. Below that a dipstick or block heater sounds like a better idea. I started mine in 30 degree or less weather last week. It started on the 3 rd attempt.
That's how my father was feeling about the ford car he got after the war that had a spark plug and a gas line to the car's heater