Jinma 254 for $3500 with FEL?

/ Jinma 254 for $3500 with FEL?
Well I picked it up today. The clutch pedal is completely free. It moves all the way up and down without any restriction. The linkage moves along with it. I'll pull the FEL off in a few days and see whats going on behind the scenes.

Since I have a totally loose clutch pedal, could it be busted roll pins on the release yoke? (below the blue asterisks):

600_200C11.JPG

(Photo stolen from Ranch Hand Supply's website - thank you sir ranchhandsupply.com)

Last edited:
   / Jinma 254 for $3500 with FEL? #14  
Well I guess its to late for me to say,,but what the heck,,I wouldn't give 3,500 for a jinma 254 that needs a clutch:)

I didn't think it was a bad deal. The tractor runs great and everything besides the clutch issue, works great. It came with a Koyker 160 FEL that is in almost perfect condition, and a King Cutter landscape rake. Regardless, it appears right now I have to split the tractor. I have all the tools and equipment to do so. The owner was the original owner and appeared to take care of things.

/ Jinma 254 for $3500 with FEL? #16  
You say that the clutch pedal has no resistance through its full travel and that the linkage is moving - there is a roll pin where the linkage connects to the shaft that moves the throwout bearing. That one is known for shearing. Are you sure the shaft is rotating when the linkage arm moves? That would be the first place I'd look for two reasons. First, it is a know failure point. Second, it is easy to fix, unlike splitting the tractor. :)

Being notoriously lazy, I always look for the easy fix first.

I don't think it was a bad deal, at all - even if you have to split the tractor, the parts are only a couple hundred bucks and then you have a great little tractor with a good loader and rake. A great deal at under four grand, I'd say.

Rich

/ Jinma 254 for $3500 with FEL? #17  
I am with Rich. Check where the clutch pedal itself connects to the pin. There is a split pin in there that can be seen from the outside of the tractor with out removing anything.

Chris

I will check that out as soon as possible. I haven't had more than one minute to look it over after I arrived home as I had to go straight to work...shoulda called in sick!

/ Jinma 254 for $3500 with FEL? #19  
I will check that out as soon as possible. I haven't had more than one minute to look it over after I arrived home as I had to go straight to work...shoulda called in sick!

While I applaud your Puritan work ethic, I just have to ask: good grief man, where are your priorities? You have a sick tractor - if your wife was unable to move under her own power you'd certainly call in sick to help her, wouldn't you? Of course you would. You have just adopted a cute little tractor that is crippled - certainly it deserves no less consideration than your wife. Your wife isn't going to pull that rock rake or lift a third of a yard of gravel, is she? Nosiree Bob! Nor is she likely to crawl around in the dirt checking out sheared roll pins and the like either, so you need to just man up and call in sick so you can tend to that poor unfortunate tractor. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Rich

/ Jinma 254 for $3500 with FEL? #20  
and make sure you cover it with a tractor blanket if it is not feeling well.